Jerry Garcia Ladder To The Stars: Garcia Plays Dylan (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$24.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.66 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 24, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rhino
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Jerry Garcia BandWhen I Paint My Masterpiece
- 2.Grateful DeadShe Belongs To Me
- 3.Jerry Garcia BandForever Young
- 4.Jerry Garcia BandTangled Up in Blue
- 5.Jerry Garcia BandSenor (Tales of Yankee Power)
- 6.Grateful DeadVisions of Johanna
- 7.Grateful DeadMighty Quinn (Quinn, The Eskimo)
- 8.Grateful DeadIt's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Tributee: Bob Dylan.
Personnel: Jerry Garcia (vocals, guitar); Jerry Garcia; Bob Weir (guitar); Martin Fierro (saxophone); Keith Godchaux (piano, background vocals); Nicky Hopkins (piano); Merl Saunders (organ); Melvin Seals, Ozzie Ahlers, Vince Welnick, Brent Mydland (keyboards); David Kemper, Johnny DeFoncesca, Bill Vitt, Buzzy Buchanan, Mickey Hart, Ron Tutt, Bill Kreutzmann (drums); Donna Jean Godchaux, Jackie LaBranch, Gloria Jones (background vocals); Grateful Dead.
Audio Mixer: Mike McGinn.
Liner Note Author: Blair Jackson.
Recording information: Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Frost Amphitheaters (Stanford University), Palo Alto, C (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Keystone, Berkeley, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Oriental Theater, Milwaukee, WI (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium, Santa Cruz, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Soldier Field, Chicago, IL (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); The Boarding House, San Francisco, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); The Stone, Sand Francisco, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995); Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA (01/25/1973-07/08/1995).
Photographers: Roberto Rabanne; Herbert Greene; Roger Ressmeyer; Mary Ann Mayer; Ken Friedman.
Given that Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead were no strangers (see 1989's DYLAN & THE DEAD live album), it's not surprising that the late Jerry Garcia frequently covered the rock bard in concert, with both the Dead and other ensembles. This two-disc set collects 15 of Garcia's live takes on Dylan songs recorded at various shows between 1973 and 1995. Garcia's love of the extended jam is on full display here, with many of these renditions transforming Dylan's folk/rock classics into lengthy instrumental workouts, particularly on the positively swingin' 12-minute take on "Tangled Up in Blue" and the 17-minute-plus "Knockin' on Heaven's Door," which moves from a slow, melancholy opening to a soulful, uplifting finale.
Jerry GarciaGarcialive, Volume 2: August 5th 1990 Greek Theater (2-CD)
$14.22 Super Savings
Jerry GarciaGarciaLive, Volume 3: Dec 14-15 1974 NW Tour (3-CD)
$20.40 Super Savings
Jerry Garcia / Merl SaundersWell-Matched: The Best of Merl Saunders & Jerry Garcia
$10.56 Super Savings
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)(85)
$21.75 Super Savings
Woodstock: Three Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray, Director's...(85)
$16.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 11 ~ $1.98 on SALE