Depeche Mode Remixes 81>04 (Limited) (3-CD)
|You Save:||$5.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (3 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: October 26, 2004
- Label: Wea Int'l
Mojo (Publisher) - p.983 stars out of 5 - "[T]hey invest the track with new meaning or power....Sometimes they simply remind you how great the song itself was in the first place."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Never Let Me Down Again - (Split Mix, split mix, remix)
- 2.Policy of Truth - (Capitol Mix, capitol mix, remix)
- 3.Shout - (Rio Mix, Rio Remix, rio mix, remix)
- 4.Home - (Air 'Around the Golf' Remix, Air "Around The Golf" remix)
- 5.Strangelove - (Blind Mix, blind mix, remix)
- 6.Rush - (Spiritual Guidance Mix, spiritual guidance mix)
- 7.I Feel You - (Renegade Soundwave Afghan Surgery mix, Renegade Soundwave Afghan Surgery Mix)
- 8.Barrel of a Gun - (Underworld Hard mix, Underworld Hard Mix, remix)
- 9.Route 66 - (Beatmasters mix, Beatmasters Mix, remix)
- 10.Freelove - (DJ Muggs Remix, DJ Muggs remix)
- 11.I Feel Loved - (Chamber's Remix, Chamber's remix)
- 12.Just Can't Get Enough - (Schizo Mix, schizo mix, remix)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Personal Jesus - (Pump Mix, pump mix, remix)
- 2.World in My Eyes - (remix, Mode To Joy)
- 3.Get the Balance Right - (Combination Mix, combination mix, remix)
- 4.Everything Counts - (Absolute Mix, absolut mix, remix)
- 5.Breathing in Fumes
- 6.Painkiller-Kill the Pain - (DJ Shadow vs. Depeche Mode mix, Kill the Pain DJ Shadow vs. Depeche Mode mix, remix, Kill The Pain-DJ Shadow Vs. Depeche Mode)
- 7.Useless - (The Kruder & Dorfmeister Session mix, remix, The Kruder + Dorfmeister Session)
- 8.In Your Room - (The Jeep Rock mix, The Jeep Rock Mix, remix)
- 9.Dream On - (remix, Dave Clarke Acoustic Version)
- 10.It's No Good - (Speedy J mix, Speedy J Mix, remix)
- 11.Master and Servant - (remix, An On-USound Science Fiction Dance Hall Classic)
- 12.Enjoy the Silence - (Timo Maas Extended Remix, Timo Maas Extended Remix)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Question of Lust, A - (remix)
- 2.Walking in My Shoes - (random carpet mix, remix)
- 3.Are People People?
- 4.World in My Eyes - (Daniel Miller mix, remix)
- 5.I Feel Loved - (Danny Tenaglia's Labor of Love Dub mix, Danny Tenaglia's Labour Of Love Dub Edit)
- 6.I's No Good - (Club 69 Future mix, remix)
- 7.Photographic - (Rex The Dog Dubb mix, Rex the Dog Dubb Mix)
- 8.Little 15 - (Ulrich Schnauss Remix, Ulrich Schnauss remix)
- 9.Nothing - (Headcleanr Rock mix, Headcleanr Rock Mix, remix)
- 10.Lie to Me - ('The Pleasure of Her Private Shame Remix, LFO The Pleasure Of Her Private Shame remix)
- 11.Clean - (remix, colder version)
- 12.Halo - (Goldfrapp Remix, Goldfrapp remix)
- 13.Enjoy the Silence - (remix, reinterpreted)
Depeche Mode: David Gahan, Alan Wilder, Martin Gore, Vince Clarke, Andrew Fletcher.
Personnel: Allison Goldfrapp (vocals).
Additional personnel: Allison Goldfrapp (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Daniel Miller; Depeche Mode; Gareth Jones ; Norscq; Mark "Spike" Stent.
Audio Remixers: Stephane "Alf" Briat; Club 69; DJ Shadow; Daniel Miller; Danny Tenaglia; Dave Bascombe; Dave Clarke ; Johnny Dollar ; Dennis Mitchell ; Depeche Mode; Dominique Brethes; Eric Radcliffe; Flood; Gareth Jones ; George Holt; Goldfrapp; Alan Gregorie; Fran‡ois Kevorkian; Doug Hart; Joshua Tobias; Danny Briottet; Jack Dangers; Paul Freegard; Brandon Abeln; John Fryer; Adrian Sherwood; Jon Marsh; Air; Kruder & Dorfmeister; LFO ; Alan Moulder; Martin Buttrich; Mike Shinoda; Peter Kruder; Peter Rauhofer; Portishead; Ray Carroll; Renegade Soundwave; Richard Dorfmeister; Rico Conning; Robin Hancock; Speedy J; The Beatmasters; Timo Maas; Troy Staton; Underworld; Ulrich Schnauss; William Orbit; Rex the Dog; Chamber.
Liner Note Author: Paul Morley.
There was a time when you could walk into your average record store and find the singles section by spotting the big block of black rows. These rows signaled the whereabouts of the Ds and tended to eat up a disproportionate space of the singles section. In 2004, the Mute label condensed all of these releases into Remixes 81-04, which itself was ironically (or fittingly) presented in multiple versions. This particular version is a triple-disc set that attempts to function as a representative sampling of Depeche Mode's innumerable remixes. It does an admirable job, making a point to highlight glorified extended versions and radical reworkings alike. Fran‡ois Kevorkian, for instance, uses his invaluable understanding of the inner workings of both disco and dub to extend and sensitively tweak "Personal Jesus" for the dancefloor, transforming it into something that he would likely spin while DJing. Air, however, alter "Home" to the point where it sounds like one of their own moody, downcast productions -- Martin Gore plays guest instead of host. One of the most thrilling remixes shows no respect to the source material; Adrian Sherwood's decimation of "People Are People," from 1984, is a succession of jackhammering beats, agitated noise fragments, bizarre vocal interjections. In order to entice hardcore fans who already have the old remixes on the original single releases (or the six exhaustive box sets), a handful of new remixes were commissioned. Most of these appear in the latter half of the third disc, and at least half deserve to be in the company of the better-known reshapes. "Clean" is turned into a bristly acid gallop by Colder, and the new rhythm winds up coming close to mirroring "Personal Jesus." Rex the Dog reaches all the way back to "Photographic," providing layer upon layer of bursting synth. Ironically (or fittingly), Paul Morley -- who, as one of the tricksters behind the ZTT label (Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Propaganda), came up with the idea that you could never have a track remixed too many times -- pens the liner notes. ~ Andy Kellman
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE