Peter, Paul and Mary The Very Best of Peter, Paul & Mary
|CYBER SALE:||$16.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.85 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 23, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rhino
Dirty Linen - p.85"[I]t's fun to see the group really lay its politics on the line in 'El Salvador,' and 'Weave Me the Sunshine' is as vibrant as anything Peter, Paul, and Mary ever recorded."
- 1.Early In the Morning
- 2.500 Miles
- 3.Lemon Tree
- 4.If I Had A Hammer
- 5.Where Have All the Flowers Gone
- 6.Puff, the Magic Dragon
- 7.This Land Is Your Land
- 8.Blowin' In The Wind
- 10.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right For Lovin' Me
- 11.The Times They Are A Changin' (Live)
- 12.Early Mornin' Rain
- 13.Cruel War (2nd Single Version)
- 14.For Baby (For Bobbie)
- 15.Leaving On a Jet Plane
- 16.Great Mandala (Wheel of Life)
- 17.I Dig Rock and Roll Music
- 18.Too Much of Nothing
- 19.Day Is Done (Live / Single Version)
- 20.Weave Me The Sunshine (Peter Yarrow)
- 21.El Salvador
- 22.Wedding Song (There Is Love)(Noel Paul Stookey)
- 23.Follow Me (Mary Travers)
- 24.Don't Laugh Me
Adapters: Peter Yarrow; Noel Paul Stookey.
Peter, Paul and Mary: Noel Paul Stookey, Peter Yarrow (vocals, acoustic guitar); Mary Travers (vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Barry Alfonso.
Photographers: Ken Regan; David Gahr.
Arrangers: Peter Yarrow; Noel Paul Stookey.
With their beautiful harmony vocals and gentle melodies, Peter, Paul & Mary were the most popular folk act of the 1960s. While Bob Dylan was unquestionably the genre's most influential and revered performer by the mid-1960s, it was Peter Yarrow, Noel Paul Stookey, and Mary Travers who helped him to reach a larger audience with their accessible '63 renditions of his "Blowin' in the Wind" and "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right." In addition to Dylan, the group also championed the work of Gordon Lightfoot and John Denver, most notably with the wanderlust tales "For Lovin' Me" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (a runaway hit in '69), respectively.
All of the aforementioned tunes are presented on THE VERY BEST OF PETER, PAUL & MARY, a 25-track set carefully compiled by the trio itself. This 2005 collection focuses almost exclusively on the '60s and '70s work of PP&M, with the exception of the deceptively breezy "El Salvador" (from '86) and 2003's "Don't Laugh at Me," which finds the threesome in fine voice more than 40 years after the group was founded in New York City's Greenwich Village. Also included are three early-'70s solo tracks--one apiece by Yarrow, Stookey, and Travers--rounding out this wonderfully selected disc, which is a must for any folk collection.
Ten Years Together: The Best of Peter, Paul and Mary (CD)
$9.45 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 136 ratings.
Based on 136 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE
Rock & Pop: Folk Rock Music Categories:
- Eric Andersen Avalanche (CD) ~ $15.39 CYBER SALE
- Eric Andersen Vanguard Visionaries (CD) ~ $10.78 CYBER SALE
- Joan Armatrading Love & Affection: The Very Best of Joan Armatrading (CD) ~ $9.90 CYBER SALE
- Asylum Street Spankers Hot Lunch (CD) ~ $12.49 CYBER SALE
- Joan Baez Any Day Now (CD) ~ $15.71 CYBER SALE