- Released: March 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Warner Bros Mod Afw
Q - 8/01, p.1463 stars out of 5
- "...Flawed but occasionally fabulous....The best of this compilation is th early material..."
- 2.Set It Off
- 3.Ain't No Half-Steppin'
- 4.Word to the Mother (Land)
- 5.I'll Take You There
- 6.Just Rhymin' with Biz
- 7.Another Victory
- 8.I Get the Job Done
- 9.Wrath of Kane - (live)
- 10.Warm It Up, Kane
- 11.Smooth Operator
- 12.Young, Gifted and Black
- 13.Rap Summary (Lean on Me) - (Remix, remix)
- 14.Cause I Can Do It Right
- 15.It's Hard Being the Kane
- 16.Very Special
- 17.Give a Demonstration - (previously unreleased, featuring Big Scoob)
Personnel includes: Big Daddy Kane, Teddy Riley, Big Scoob.
Producers include: Marley Marl, Prince Paul, Teddy Riley, Easy Mo Bee, Cool V.
Compilation producer: Barry Benson.
Includes liner notes by Reginald C. Dennis.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot (Digiprep).
Personnel: Big Scoob, Biz Markie (vocals).
Audio Mixer: Marley Marl.
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Steve Woolard.
Photographer: George DuBose.
One of the key artists of the late-1980s New York City hip-hop scene, Big Daddy Kane won over a considerable audience with his first two albums, LONG LIVE THE KANE and IT'S A BIG DADDY THING. This well-selected collection draws heavily from those records, giving listeners a potent dose of Kane's smooth, ladies'-man persona on tracks such as the cool, confident "Ain't No Half Steppin'" and the frenetic "I Get the Job Done." Particularly for those who don't own those discs, this is the perfect overview of some of the Big Daddy's finest moments.