- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rhino
Description by OLDIES.com:
A metallic rush of guitars and thundering drums, Deftones' music both epitomizes the hard-and-fast glory of post-grunge alt-metal and blows it wide open with innovation. As the Northern California-bred quintet evolved through a string of acclaimed albums and incessant, high-velocity touring, they also incorporated modern rock influences including The Cure and The Smiths into their Soundgarden/Tool/Rage Against the Machine/Pantera-inspired sonics. Now Maverick's new compilation sheds light on lesser-known output with covers, unreleased mixes, video B-Roll, and other choice rarities.
- 2.Wax And Wayne
- 3.Change (In The House Of Flies) (Acoustic)
- 4.Simple Man
- 6.No Ordinary Love
- 8.Crenshaw Punch / I'll Throw Rocks At You
- 9.Black Moon
- 10.If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
- 11.Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
- 12.Digital Bath (Acoustic)
- 14.Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away) (Acoustic)
Deftones: Chi Cheng, Chino Moreno, Frank Delgado, Abe Cunningham, Stephen Carpenter.
Fans of Deftones' unique take on alternative metal will find plenty to cherish on B-SIDES & RARITIES. In addition to boasting the band's trademark heaviosity and atmospheric tendencies, the collection also contains a host of great covers, including inventive, hard-hitting takes on songs by, surprisingly enough, the Smiths, Duran Duran, and even Sade (her wistful, dreamy 'Ordinary Love'). This eclectic set will remind listeners that the Deftones have one of the more wide-ranging and experimental palettes on the heavy music scene.