Peter Bellamy The Transports: A Ballad Opera by Peter Bellamy
|You Save:||$7.40 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
by Bix Beiderbecke ~ Volume 1: Singin' The Blues ~ $5.97
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 29, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Free Reed Imports
Q - 12/92, p.1444 Stars - Excellent - "...In effect a folk opera, it was his best achievement, something to be detailed in any discussion of a folk revival..."
- 2.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 1
- 3.Us Poor Fellows
- 4.Robber's Song
- 5.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 2
- 6.Leaves in the Woodland
- 7.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 3
- 8.I Once Lived in Service
- 9.Ballad of Norwich Gaol
- 10.Sweet Loving Friendship
- 11.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 4
- 12.Black and Bitter Night
- 13.Humane Turnkey - 1
- 14.Plymouth Mail
- 15.Humane Turnkey - 2
- 16.Green Fields of England
- 17.Roll Down
- 18.Still & Silent Ocean
- 19.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 5
- 20.Dance: The Convicts Wedding
- 21.Black & Bitter Night
- 22.Raking the Embers
- 23.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 1
- 24.Us Poor Fellows
- 25.Robber's Song
- 26.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 2
- 27.Leaves in the Woodland
- 28.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 3
- 29.I Once Lived in Service
- 30.Ballad of Norwich Gaol
- 31.Sweet Loving Friendship
- 32.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 4
- 33.Black and Bitter Night
- 34.Humane Turnkey 1 & 2
- 35.Plymouth Mail
- 36.Green Fields of England
- 37.Roll Down
- 38.Still & Silent Ocean
- 39.Ballad of Henry & Susannah - 5
- 40.Dance: The Convicts Wedding
- 41.Black Concertina
- 42.Roll Down
Personnel includes: Peter Bellamy, June Tabor, Martin Carthy, Nic Jones, The Watersons (vocals); Dave Swarbrick (violin); Oliver Brookes (cello); Philippa Davies (flute); Sophia Wilson (oboe).
Recorded in 1977. Includes liner notes by Eric Fowler.
This release presents British singer/songwriter Peter Bellamy's folk opus.
The remastered edition includes a bonus disc.
Spine-tingling close harmonies, a compelling storyline, original songs, and a cast of British folk luminaries (Martin Carthy, Nic Jones, June Tabor, and Norma Waterson, to name a few) distinguish Peter Bellamy 's 1977 "ballad opera," the musical presentation of a true story about Australian convicts who meet and fall in love while imprisoned. This classic song cycle has been reissued with an expanded track list and liner notes.
The Transports: A Ballad Opera by Peter Bellamy (CD)(4)
American Songs of The Revolution & Civil War Era (CD)(2)
$1.98 on SALE
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!