Eliza Carthy Heat Light & Sound
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$11.07 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.91 (21% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eliza Carthy ~ Red ~ $19.73
- Released: February 1, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Topic Records
- 1.Cold Wet & Rainy Night / The Grand Hornpipe
- 2.Cumberland Waltz / Petit Homme / Miss Bowls
- 3.What A Beau Your Granny Is / Stone Steps
- 4.Ten Thousand Miles / Bacca Pipes
- 5.Clark Saunders
- 6.Stamps For the Dog
- 8.Blind Fiddler
- 9.Lady Barnsley's Fancy / Trip To Cartmel / Hardy's Crow
- 10.By Then
- 11.Sheath and Knife
- 12.Jacky Tar
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Eliza Carthy is the daughter of guitarist Martin Carthy and singer Norma Waterson. HEAT, LIGHT AND SOUND is her first solo release.
Personnel includes: Eliza Carthy (fiddle).
Personnel: Eliza Carthy (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Jim Fagan (vocals, bouzouki); Sam Thomas (vocals, drums, percussion); Oliver Knight (electric guitar); Jock Tyldesley (fiddle); Hazel Wrigley (keyboards); Barnaby Stradling (bass guitar).
Photographer: Tom Howard.
Arranger: Eliza Carthy.
Eliza Carthy's solo debut followed a collaboration with Nancy Kerr and an album with her band, The Kings Of Calicutt. The latter remained on the shelf until after the 1996 release of HEAT LIGHT & SOUND. All the featured tunes are English, something that doubtless pleased her parents Martin Carthy and Norma Waterson, as both were champions of the genre at a time when it was overshadowed by Celtic music.
This delightful set, which is entirely traditional save for one tentative original, includes a jaunty tale of deception, "Cold, Wet & Rainy Night," and a fine version of "10,000 Miles" appended by a morris jig. Other highlights are remarkably assured deliveries of two of the great Child ballads, "Sheath & Knife" and "Clark Saunders," the latter sung unaccompanied.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Top ranking titles in the Folk genre:
- Tim Hardin This Is Tim Hardin (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.38 CYBER WEEK
- Marc Cohn Playlist 1970 (CD) ~ $3.18 CYBER WEEK
- The Kingston Trio Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $3.99 CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain Gang, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.38 CYBER WEEK