Martin Carthy Crown of Horn
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Linda Thompson ~ Won't Be Long Now $14.72
- Released: November 21, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Topic Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.The Bedmaking
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Locks and Bolts
- $0.99 on iTunes3.King Knapperty
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Geordie
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Willie's Lady
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Virginny
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Worchestershire Wedding
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Bonny Lass of Anglesey
- $0.99 on iTunes9.William Taylor the Poacher
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Old Tom of Oxford
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Palaces of Gold
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Martin Carthy.
Personnel: Martin Carthy (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Martin Carthy.
Recording information: Old Sawmills Studio, Cornwall, England.
Arranger: Martin Carthy.
Ashley Hutchings produced this very lively solo album (Tony Cox adds some synthesizer on two tracks, otherwise it's just Carthy's voice and guitar, and, as on "Locks and Bolts," ajust his voice), which relies heavily on his dexterity on guitar. The sound of the latter instrument is pushed very far into the front in the mix of this, perhaps Carthy's best recorded album, with a very "hot" all-acoustic texture. Other songs include "Geordie," "King Knapperty," "Bonny Lass of Angelsea" (featuring some amazingly restrained and tasteful synthesizer), and "Palaces of Gold," the latter an angry, topical original by Leon Rosselson about a mining disaster. The only track that doesn't entirely work is "Willie's Lady," a seven minute epic that, effective as it may be in concert, needed something more than just Carthy's guitar and voice to carry it off on record. ~ Bruce Eder
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE