- Released: September 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: BMG Special Product
- 1.Jingle Bells (duet with Expose)
- 2.The Christmas Song
- 3.White Christmas
- 4.Baby, It's Cold Outside (duet with K.T. Oslin)
- 5.Silent Night / I Guess There Ain't No Santa Claus
- 6.The First Noel / When The Meadow Was Bloomin'
- 7.. Excerpt From Handel's Messiah ("For Unto Us A Child Is Born.") / Because It's Christmas (For All The Children)
- 8.Carol Of The Bells / The Bells Of Christmas
- 9.Joy To The World / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- 10.We Wish You A Merry Christmas / It's Just
Personnel: Barry Manilow (vocals, piano); Expose, K.T. Oslin (vocals); Eddie Arkin, Russ Freeman (guitar); Jerry Hey (trumpet); Randy Kerber (piano, synthesizer); Gene Estes (vibraphone); John Patitucci (bass); Vinnie Colaiuta (drums); Alan Estes (percussion).
Principally recorded at Sunset Sound, Hollywood, California.
Long a master of the vocals genre, Barry Manilow lends his fantastic voice and charm to some holiday favorites on BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS. Straight out of a piano bar on Christmas Eve, Manilow does a classy rendition of "The Christmas Song." The beautiful acoustic guitar of Eddie Arken (who also acts producer and arranger) adds to the touching "The First Noel/When the Meadow Was Bloomin'." There are also a couple of great collaborations, as Barry shares some cute moments on a smooth duet of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with K.T. Oslin and swings and harmonizes with Expose (who sound like they're doing their best take on the Andrews Sisters) on "Jingle Bells." And what holiday album would be complete without Barry crooning "White Christmas?" BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS is the perfect album for snuggling up with a loved one in front of the Christmas tree. Even non-Barry fans will warm up to these superbly arranged classics.