The Rolling Stones Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits, Volume 2) (Remastered)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$12.58 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Abkco
Rolling Stone - 10/18/69, p.42"...one of the great party records. All the cuts are favorites, all are terrific - loud, tough, flashy rock and roll....albums like this are part of the Stones tradition..."
NME (Magazine) - 7/8/95, p.469 (out of 10) - "... brilliant, natch..."
- 1.Paint It, Black
- 2.Ruby Tuesday
- 3.She's A Rainbow
- 4.Jumpin' Jack Flash
- 5.Mother's Little Helper
- 6.Let's Spend The Night Together
- 7.Honky Tonk Women
- 9.2000 Light Years From Home
- 10.Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby Standing In The Shadow?
- 11.Street Fighting Man
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals); Keith Richards (guitar, background vocals); Brian Jones (guitar, various instruments); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
Producers: The Rolling Stones, Andrew Loog Oldham, Jimmy Miller.
Recorded between March 1966 and May 1969 at Olympic Studios, London, England and RCA Studios, Hollywood, California.
THROUGH THE PAST, DARKLY is a 1969 compilation that documents the transitional period during which the Stones--with Brian Jones still on hand-- went from being a great R&B band to the world's greatest rock & roll band. These were the songs that not only defined Mick and Keith's reputation as songwriters, but set much of the musical tone for the rest of the '60s rock world. "Paint it Black" is a dark, Eastern-tinged song fully as influential as any of the Beatles' similar efforts. Though somewhat atypical, "Dandelion" and "She's a Rainbow" are baroque-pop classics on par with anything from PET SOUNDS. And of course, "Jumping Jack Flash," "Honky Tonk Woman," and "Street Fighting Man," with their locomotive rhythms and updated Chuck Berry riffs, were the standard against which all straight-up rock & roll would be measured well into the next century.
The Rolling StonesBig Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) (Remastered) (CD)
$12.49 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
Based on 32 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.02 CYBER WEEK
Oldies: British Invasion Music Categories:
- The Action Action Packed (CD) ~ $13.58 CYBER WEEK
- Amen Corner Bend Me, Shape Me (2-CD Import) ~ $10.14 CYBER WEEK
- Amen Corner Hello Suzie (CD) ~ $7.79 CYBER WEEK
- Amen Corner High in the Sky (CD) ~ $7.79 CYBER WEEK
- Tim Andrews Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD) ~ $17.95 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK