The Rolling Stones Rolling Stones Now! (Remastered)
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.49 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Abkco
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.136Ranked #181 in Rolling Stone's "The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time"
NME (Magazine) - 7/8/95, p.466 (out of 10) - "...The Stones of '64 and '65 may not have been the world's most accomplished musicians, but they were lean and hungry. There's a lippy arrogance that's best illustrated on ROLLING STONES NOW!, in particular the pasty-faced soul of 'Pain In My Heart' and the R&B plod of 'Off The Hook'..."
- 1.Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
- 2.Down Home Girl
- 3.You Can't Catch Me
- 4.Heart Of Stone
- 5.What A Shame
- 6.Mona (I Need You Baby)
- 7.Down The Road A Piece
- 8.Off The Hook
- 9.Pain In My Heart
- 10.Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin')
- 11.Little Red Rooster
- 12.Surprise, Surprise
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica); Keith Richards (guitar, background vocals); Brian Jones (guitar, harmonica); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
Additional personnel: Ian Stewart (piano, organ); Jack Nitzsche (piano).
Recorded at Chess Studios, Chicago, Illinois; RCA Studios, Hollywood, California; Regent Sound, London, England. Includes liner notes by Andrew Loog Oldham.
Additional personnel: Ian Stewart , Jack Nitzsche (piano).
Audio Remasterers: Jon Astley; Bob Ludwig; Steve Rosenthal; Teri Landi; Paschal Byrne.
THE ROLLING STONES, NOW! is a masterpiece of early British R&B, Rolling Stones style. Things start off with a powerful rendition of Solomon Burke's signature tune "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love." Elsewhere, the Stones take a tour of American music, from Bo Diddley's "Mona," complete with choppy, reverbed guitar, to a slow, churning version of Willie Dixon's blues evergreen "Little Red Rooster," probably the first version of the song to feature fuzz bass.
Amid all this esteemed company, though, the standout tracks are the Jagger-Richards originals. With its heartbreaking lyrics and poignant accompaniment, "Heart of Stone" could have been a classic soul ballad appropriated from some great, obscure American singer. On "What a Shame," the Stones prove that they don't have to look to outside sources for their blues. Keith's penetrating slide here, as on "Little Red Rooster," foreshadows greater things to come.
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 46 ratings.
Based on 46 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE