The Rolling Stones Singles Collection / The London Years (3-CD) (Remastered)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$47.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.85 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Led Zeppelin How the West Was Won (Live) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $23.81
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: ABKCO
Entertainment Weekly - 9/20/02, p.104"...A triple disc that has all the recognizable hits along with must-own obscurities..." - Rating: A-
NME (Magazine) - 7/8/95, p.4610 (out of 10) - "...indispensable..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Come On
- 2.I Want To Be Loved
- 3.I Wanna Be Your Man
- 5.Not Fade Away
- 6.Little By Little
- 7.It's All Over Now
- 8.Good Times, Bad Times
- 9.Tell Me
- 10.I Just Want To Make Love To You
- 11.Time Is On My Side
- 13.Little Red Rooster
- 14.Off The Hook
- 15.Heart Of Stone
- 16.What A Shame
- 17.Last Time
- 18.Play With Fire
- 19.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- 20.Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
- 21.Spider And The Fly
- 22.Get Off Of My Cloud
- 23.I'm Free
- 24.Singer Not The Song
- 25.As Tears Go By
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Gotta Get Away
- 2.19th Nervous Breakdown
- 3.Sad Day
- 4.Paint It Black
- 5.Stupid Girl
- 6.Long Long While
- 7.Mother's Little Helper
- 8.Lady Jane
- 9.Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
- 10.Who's Driving Your Plane?
- 11.Let's Spend The Night Together
- 12.Ruby Tuesday
- 13.We Love You
- 15.She's A Rainbow
- 16.2000 Light Years From Home
- 17.In Another Land
- 19.Jumpin' Jack Flash
- 20.Child Of The Moon [Rmk]
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Street Fighting Man
- 2.No Expectations
- 3.Surprise, Surprise
- 4.Honky Tonk Women
- 5.You Can't Always Get What You Want
- 6.Memo From Turner
- 7.Brown Sugar
- 8.Wild Horses
- 9.I Don't Know Why
- 10.Try A Little Harder
- 11.Out Of Time
- 12.Jiving Sister Fanny
- 13.Sympathy For The Devil
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica, percussion); Keith Richards (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Bill Wyman (vocals, bass); Brian Jones (guitar, harmonica, organ, marimba, sitar, dulcimer, recorder, bells, saxophone, harpsichord, Mellotron, background vocals); Mick Taylor, Ron Wood (guitar); Charlie Watts (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel includes: Joe Moretti (guitar); Ian Stewart (piano, organ); Reg Guest (piano); Nicky Hopkins, Jack Nitzsche (keyboards); Eric Ford (bass); Jimmy Miller (drums); Rocky Dijon (percussion); The London Bach Choir, Madelaine Bell, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Nanette Newman (background vocals); Gene Pitney, Phil Spector, Steve Marriott, Doris Troy, Al Kooper, Ry Cooder, Andy White.
Producers: Andrew Oldham, Eric Easton, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Miller, Jack Nitzsche.
Engineers include: Roger Savage, Ron Malo, Dave Hassinger.
This box set is a compilation of all the Rolling Stones' singles from 1963 to 1971, including A-sides, B-sides and alternate B-sides from the U.S. and the U.K. releases. These 58 songs on 3 discs have been digitally remastered with most tracks in mono to reflect the sound of the original 45s. It includes a 78-page, 12" x 12" book with lyrics, detailed track annotations by Bruce Eder and essays by Anthony De Curtis and Andrew Oldham.
THE SINGLES COLLECTION: THE LONDON YEARS comes as advertised--the box includes every American and British A-side and B-side the Rolling Stones released between 1963 and 1971 (after which the band began releasing discs under the Rolling Stones Records imprint). The fantastic speed and scope of the Stones' early artistic development have few parallels in popular music, and this collection not only details that incredible process, but serves as a microcosm of '60s pop culture as well.
From the down-and-dirty Chicago-style blues and R&B of the group's early covers (Chuck Berry's "Come On," Willie Dixon's "I Just Wanna Make Love to You") to the dreamy chamber pop of "Lady Jane" and the proto-hard rock of "Street Fightin' Man," the band was always on the cutting edge, both reacting to and anticipating cultural and musical trends. One listen to this box, however, reveals that, unlike the Beatles, the Stones seldom veered far from their roots, always injecting a vital dose of raw sexuality and pure rock & roll spirit into even the boldest of experiments.
Jump Back: The Best of the Rolling Stones 1971-1993 (CD)(98)
$9.72 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 48 ratings.
Based on 48 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)(20)
$11.65 Super Savings
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.69 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Doo Wop, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE