The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.71 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.27 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: ABKCO
Entertainment Weekly - 10/25/96, p.116"...The just-clowning-around vibe gives the proceedings an unpretentious feel that nicely evokes the era's spirit. Upped a notch for historical resonance." - Rating: A-
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Mick JaggerMick Jagger's Introduction Of Rock & Roll Circus
- $1.29 on iTunes2.The Rolling StonesEntry Of The Gladiators
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Mick JaggerMick Jagger's Introduction To Jethro Tull
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Jethro TullSong For Jeffrey
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Keith RichardsKeith Richard's Introduction Of The Who
- $0.99 on iTunes6.The WhoQuick One, While He's Away
- $1.29 on iTunes7.The Rolling StonesOver The Waves
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Taj MahalAin't That A Lot Of Love
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Charlie WattsCharlie Watts' Introduction Of Marianne Faithfull
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Marianne FaithfullSomething Better
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Mick JaggerMick Jagger's And John Lennon's Introduction Of The Dirty Mac
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Dirty MacYer Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Dirty MacWhole Lotta Yoko
- $1.29 on iTunes14.John LennonJohn Lennon's Introduction Of The Rolling Stones / Jumpin' Jack Flash
- $1.29 on iTunes15.The Rolling StonesParachute Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes16.The Rolling StonesNo Expectations
- $1.29 on iTunes17.The Rolling StonesYou Can't Always Get What You Want
- $1.29 on iTunes18.The Rolling StonesSympathy For The Devil
- $0.99 on iTunes19.The Rolling StonesSalt Of The Earth
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals); Keith Richards (acoustic & electric guitars, background vocals); Brian Jones (electric & slide guitars); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
The Dirty Mac: John Lennon (vocals, guitar); Eric Clapton (guitar); Keith Richards (bass); Mitch Mitchell (drums).
Additional performers: Jethro Tull, The Who, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, Yoko Ono, Ivry Gitlis, Nicky Hopkins.
Producers: Jimmy Miller, Jody Klein, Lenne Allik.
Recorded live in England on December 10-11, 1968.
Includes liner notes by David Dalton.
Personnel: Keith Richards (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); John Lennon, Pete Townshend (vocals, guitar); Ian Anderson (vocals, flute); John Entwistle, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltrey, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, Yoko Ono (vocals); Brian Jones (guitar, slide guitar); Eric Clapton, Jesse Ed Davis , Mick Abrahams (guitar); Ivry Gitlis (violin); Nicky Hopkins (keyboards); Clive Bunker, Keith Moon , Mitch Mitchell, Chuck Blackwell , Charlie Watts (drums); Rocky Dijon (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Jonathan Y.B. Porath.
Liner Note Author: David Dalton.
Recording information: 12/11/1968-12/12/1968.
Illustrator: Marvin Mattelson.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Alisa Ritz; Iris Keitel; Magadaline Voliatis; Roger Talkov.
THE ROLLING STONES ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS documents a December 1968 show, originally intended for broadcast on British television, that featured clowns, acrobats, tigers, a fire-eater, the Rolling Stones and a menagerie of musician friends that included the Who, Eric Clapton, John Lennon and Yoko Ono. The show never aired. The Stones, unhappy with their performance, shelved it. A clip of the Who performing "A Quick One While He's Away" made it into the documentary "The Kids Are Alright," but the rest of the show remained on the shelf until the 1996 release of a laser disc, video, and this soundtrack.
The Stones put together this circus shortly after releasing BEGGAR'S BANQUET. Ringmaster/producer Mick Jagger recruited the above friends along with Marianne Faithfull, Taj Mahal and the relatively-unknown Jethro Tull. Twenty hours of filming resulted in a production that alternates between vaudevillian spectacle and magical rock and roll performances. Especially noteworthy is a blistering version of the Beatles' "Yer Blues" by the Dirty Mac, a supergroup featuring John Lennon on rhythm guitar and vocals, Eric Clapton on lead, Keith Richards on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums.
The Stones went on at 1 in the morning on December 11, performing a set that included several songs from BEGGAR'S BANQUET and the not-yet-released "You Can't Always Get What You Want," sometimes playing a song two or three times to get it right for TV. Despite the numerous takes and the late hour, the Stones' intensity never flagged. This is, despite what they thought, a great performance. It builds up to a hypnotic "Sympathy For The Devil" and a rousing sing-along version of "Salt Of The Earth" that ends the circus.
The Rolling StonesGet Yer Ya-Ya's Out: The Rolling Stones in Concert!...
$24.19 Super Savings
Jump Back: The Best of the Rolling Stones 1971-1993 (CD)(98)
$7.41 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
Based on 38 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)(20)
$11.65 Super Savings
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.12 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Dion The Road I'm On: A Retrospective (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE