The Rolling Stones December's Children (And Everybody's)
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.49 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Abkco
NME (Magazine) - 7/8/95, p.46"...collects together the leftovers from the previous releases (best represented by Arthur Alexander's 'You Better Move On') plus the glorious 'Get Off Of My Cloud'"...
- 1.She Said Yeah
- 2.Talking About You
- 3.You Better Move On
- 4.Look What You've Done
- 5.The Singer Not the Song
- 6.Route 66
- 7.Get off of My Cloud
- 8.I'm Free
- 9.As Tears Go By
- 10.Gotta Get Away
- 11.Blue Turns to Grey
- 12.I'm Movin' On
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica); Brian Jones (guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Keith Richards (guitar); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Jack Nitzsche (keyboards, percussion); Ian Stewart (keyboards, marimba, percussion); J.W. Alexander (percussion).
Recorded in Hollywood, California, Chicago, Illinois and London, England.
The Rolling Stones: Keith Richards, Brian Jones (guitars); Mick Jagger (harmonica); Bill Wyman (bass guitar); Charlie Watts (drums).
Additional personnel: Jack Nitzsche (organ); Ian Stewart (marimba); James W. Alexander (percussion).
DECEMBER'S CHILDREN marked a crucial point in the Stones' development. The band was beginning to move away from its blues/R&B roots toward something more uniquely its own. Certainly those roots were far from absent in the songs composed for this album, and the Stones still cover their share of the masters here (Chuck Berry, Arthur Alexander, Hank Snow), but something new was afoot.
The aching ballad "As Tears Go By," complete with baroque orchestration, heralded a new direction in the Stones' songwriting. Similarly, the folk-rockish strains of "The Singer Not The Song" hint at previously uncharted directions. Perhaps the most crucial track here is "Get Off My Cloud, which, while it incorporates the band's rootsy influences, is possessed of a decidedly modern power that the Stones were only beginning to learn to harness. This was the beginning of a style more specific than pop, blues, or rock & roll. DECEMBER'S CHILDREN may be seen as the beginning of what can only be defined as Rolling Stones music.
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
Based on 38 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE