Odetta Women in (E)Motion (Live)
|You Save:||$2.20 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Odetta ~ Gonna Let It Shine: A Concert for the Holidays (Live) $13.38
- Released: November 1, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Tradition & Moderne
- 1.Rambler & Gambler
- 2.Before I Can Change My Clothes / Alabama Bound / Bo Weavil
- 3.Ninehundred Miles / Going With The Chilly Winds / Don't Blow / Another Man Had Gone / Cane On The Brazos / All The Pretty Horses / Poor Wayfaring Stranger / Shenandoah / Can't Keep From Crying / Troubled
- 4.Until It's Time For You to Go
- 5.Carry It Home to Rosie
- 6.Many of Miles
- 7.Why Don't We Go
- 8.Black Woman
- 9.God's Gonna Cut You Down
Personnel includes: Odetta (vocals, guitar).
Recorded live at the Women in (E)motion Festival in Bremen, Germany.
Recording information: Kirche Unser Lieben Frauen, Bremen, Germany (09/12/1990).
A 59-year-old Odetta appears at the Women in (E)motion Festival in Bremen, Germany, in 1990 on this live recording. This is a representative performance by the veteran folksinger, which is to say that she mixes traditional folk and blues material with the occasional song by a singer/songwriter who is a near-contemporary of hers, such as "Until It's Time for You to Go" by Buffy Sainte-Marie. Odetta accompanies herself on acoustic guitar, intoning the lyrics in her rich contralto voice before an enthusiastic audience. Her phrasing is at times more mannered than it was in her early years, and she plays to the crowd, sometimes exaggerating her interpretations. At times, she dispenses with the accompaniment to sing a cappella, which brings particularly strong reactions from the crowd. ~ William Ruhlmann
Gonna Let It Shine: A Concert for the Holidays (Live) (CD)(2)
$13.38 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!