- Released: October 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Capitol
Uncut - p.1363 stars out of 5
- "[Brian Wilson's] genius surfaces: in the lovely vocal arrangements...and on one classic song 'Little Saint Nick'..."
- 1.Little Saint Nick
- 2.The Man With All The Toys
- 3.Santa's Beard
- 4.Merry Christmas, Baby
- 5.Christmas Day
- 6.Frosty The Snowman
- 7.We Three Kings Of Orient Are
- 8.Blue Christmas
- 9.Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- 10.White Christmas
- 11.I'll Be Home For Christmas
- 12.Auld Lang Syne
- 13.Little Saint Nick
- 14.Auld Lang Syne
- 15.Little Saint Nick
- 16.Child Of Winter (Christmas Song)
- 17.Santa's Got An Airplane
- 18.Winter Symphony
- 19.Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, (I Saw Santa)
- 21.Bells Of Christmas
- 22.Morning Christmas
- 23.Toy Drive Public Service Announcement
- 24.Dennis Wilson Christmas Message
- 25.Brian Wilson Christmas Interview
The Beach Boys: Mike Love (vocals); Carl Wilson, Al Jardine (guitar, vocals); Brian Wilson (bass, keyboards, vocals); Dennis Wilson (drums, vocals).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
The Beach Boys: Dennis Wilson , Al Jardine, Mike Love , Carla Wilson, Brian Wilson .
Personnel: The Beach Boys (vocals); Dennis Wilson , Adam Jardine, Al Jardine, Matt Jardine, Mike Love , Brian Wilson (vocals).
Audio Remixer: Al Jardine.
Liner Note Author: Anthony DeCurtis.
Recording information: Brian Wilson's Home Studio, Bel-Air, CA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); Brother Studio, Santa Monica, CA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); Kaye Smith Studios, Seattle, WA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); M.I.U. Institute, Fairfield, IA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); Sunset Sound, Hollywood, CA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977); Western Recorders, Hollywood, CA (10/18/1963-11/??/1977).
Photographer: Harry Goodwin.
Arranger: Dick Reynolds.
Originally released in 1964, this classic early Beach Boys album contains both traditional holiday songs like "White Christmas," "Blue Christmas," and "Frosty the Snowman," and Brian Wilson-penned originals like "Little Saint Nick," "Merry Christmas, Baby," and "Christmas Day," the latter of which is also Al Jardine's lead vocal debut. A rarity in that half the album is produced by Dick Reynolds, the regular arranger for primary Beach Boys influences the Four Freshmen, rather than Brian Wilson himself, the CHRISTMAS ALBUM also features a gorgeous a cappella version of "Auld Lang Syne," previously unreleased mixes, and contemporary interviews with both Brian and Dennis Wilson.