- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 10, 2011
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: BFS Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: The complete novel: The Fortunes and Misfortunes of the famous Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Cast biographies
- Selected filmographies
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An acclaimed mini-series adaptation of Daniel Defoe's classic tale of Moll Flanders, one of the most experienced heroines in literary history. From her birth in Newgate prison, through her five marriages and her years as a prostitute, Moll's fiery spirit could never be dimmed. From the Mobil Masterpiece Theatre series. Contains nudity and adult situations.
This four-hour British miniseries chronicles the travails of novelist Daniel Defoe's classic heroine, Moll Flanders.
Although born inside a prison, Moll was taken in by a rich family, and grew up in the lap of luxury. However, her adult years are marred by a series of five marriages. Later, Moll begins a downward spiral, becoming a petty criminal and a prostitute.
But there's hope for Moll, in the form of an ex-husband -- her one true love -- who comes back to save her. But only time will tell whether they will truly live happily ever after...
Period Piece |
Prison / Prisoners |
- Aired originally on PBS October 13 and 14, 1996 as part of Mobil's "Masterpiece Theatre."
- From British Independent Television Enterprises.
- Shot on location in Great Britain and Virginia.
- Additional cast: Ian Driver; Caroline Harker, Dawn McDaniel, Maureen O'Brien, Struan Roger, Nicola Walker, Tom Ward, Trevyn McDowell, and Nicola Kingston.
- Copyright Granada Television.