The Essential Frank Sinatra With The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra (2-CD)
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I'll Be Seeing You
- 2.Say It
- 3.Polka Dots And Moonbeams
- 4.Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)
- 6.You're Lonely And I'm Lonely
- 7.East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon)
- 8.It's A Lovely Day Tomorrow
- 9.I'll Never Smile Again
- 10.All This And Heaven Too
- 11.Trade Winds
- 12.The One I Love Belongs To Someone Else
- 13.The Call Of The Canyon
- 14.Love Lies
- 15.I Could Make You Care
- 16.Our Love Affair
- 17.We Three (My Echo, My Shadow, And Me)
- 18.Star Dust
- 19.Oh! Look At Me Now
- 20.You Might Have Belonged To Another
- 21.It's Always You
- 22.I Tried
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Do I Worry?
- 2.Everything Happens To Me
- 3.This Love Of Mine
- 4.I Guess I'll Have To Dream The Rest
- 5.You And I
- 6.Blue Skies
- 7.I Think Of You
- 8.Violets For You
- 9.How About You?
- 10.The Night We Called It A Day
- 11.The Song Is You
- 12.I'll Take Tallulah
- 13.The Last Call For Love
- 14.Just As Though You Were Here
- 15.Street Of Dreams
- 16.Take Me
- 17.Be Careful It's My Heart
- 18.In The Blue Of Evening
- 19.There Are Such Things
- 21.Light A Candle In The Chapel
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Frank Sinatra: Frank Sinatra; Tommy Dorsey .
Additional personnel: Connie Haines, Jo Stafford.
Liner Note Authors: Nancy Sinatra; Charles Granata.
Recording information: New York, NY (02/26/1940-07/02/1942); Victor Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (02/26/1940-07/02/1942).
Ensembles: The Pied Pipers; Tommy Dorsey Orchestra.
Arrangers: Heine Beau; Freddie Stulee; Paul Weston; Sy Oliver; Axel Stordahl.
This collection is an ideal introduction to "phase one" of Frank Sinatra's lengthy career--the "band singer," as vocalists with big bands were known during the Swing Era (1935-1946). The worldly, ring-a-ding-ding vocal icon would not evolve until the '50s--these '40s recordings of Tommy Dorsey's Orchestra feature Sinatra as a creamy-smooth, starry-eyed, mellow crooner, his vocal phrasing influenced by the sweet, melodious tones of Dorsey's trombone. Unlike those of Count Basie or Artie Shaw, Dorsey's band played a polished, understated style of swing, which was a perfect fit for Sinatra's blossoming style.
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(25)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE