- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Fox Lorber
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 10/01/1997
"...A moving, rhapsodic love story that's also part political thriller, part psychodrama..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/31/1998
"...Carlyle is an actor of formidable concentration and expressiveness..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 01/01/1999
"...Heartfelt and humane..."
Uncut - 06/01/2005
"Ken Loach's most logistically ambitious movie..."
The versatile Robert Carlyle (TRAINSPOTTING, THE FULL MONTY) stars as George, a Glasgow bus driver who risks his job by giving a free ride to a beautiful, poor Nicaraguan woman. As her helps her cope with her past, and the personal toll exacted on her by human rights abuses in her homeland, he also discovers more about himself in the process. CARLA'S SONG is another fine work of social realism from director Ken Loach (RAINING STONES).
- Theatrical release: May 15, 1997.
- Shooting location: Glasgow, Scotland, and Nicaragua.