Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 10, 2011
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Introduction by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Special Edition Only)
- Audio Commentary by Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Cast and Crew
- Final Theatrical Isolated Score by John Frizzell
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sigourney Weaver &
David St. James,
Alex Lorre &
David Giler &
Director of Photography:
Entertainment Weekly - 05/08/1998
"...Weaver battles slimy monsters with a command only enhanced by middle age..." -- Rating: B+
New York Times - 11/26/1997
"...ALIEN RESURRECTION has an eerie, grunge look....Fierce, beautiful and sardonic, Ms. Weaver makes an impressive linchpin for this series..."
Box Office - 02/01/1998
"...The reinvented Ripley is intriguing to watch....Weaver renders the resurrected Ripley with relish....Entertaining..."
In ALIEN 4: RESURRECTION, the fourth installment of the wildly popular series of science fiction movies that began with ALIEN, a drop of Ellen Ripley's (Sigourney Weaver) blood spawns a part human, part alien Ripley clone. Now that Ripley is dead, the clone has fallen into the hands of government scientists who want to harness the Ripley clone's breeding powers. When the new and improved Ripley lands on a ship of androids, her mere appearance sets the action rolling. Stepping in to help put a stop to the madness is tiny android named Call (Winona Ryder), as well as the ship's fellow crew members (including Dominique Pinon, Ron Perlman, and Michael Wincott).
For the first time in his feature film career, French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet (DELICATESSEN, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN) takes sole directorial credit, leaving his partner Marc Caro to concentrate on artistic direction. ALIEN RESURRECTION has far more in common with ALIEN 3 than the series' first two parts, most notably due to its overtly humorous tone. Jeunet also applies his traditional Gothic visual style to the slimy, effects-heavy riot, resulting in a work that is as reliant upon style as it is substance. Scripted by Joss Whedon, creator of the Warner Brothers television show, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, the film marks an energetic and flashy transition to Hollywood film making for Jeunet.
Space Exploration |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically: November 26, 1997.
- Shot on location in California and Ottawa, Ontario.
- No camera tricks were involved in Sigourney Weaver's seemingly impossible behind-the-back basketball shot--she did it all by herself.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 380 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 024543711254
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item