Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 11, 2010
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 10/08/1990
"...MARKED FOR DEATH is exceedingly well-crafted in all aspects..."
Premiere - 05/10/2010
"An above average action flick that hits its quota of blood, brawls (and) stunts..."
A retired DEA agent returns to his bucolic hometown only to discover that a dangerous drug lord has taken over. When the agent ventilates one of the drug lord's gunmen, he finds himself marked for death. In retaliation, he goes after the bad guys...with a vengeance.
Former DEA agent Hatcher returns home to find that Jamaican drug smugglers have taken over his neighborhood. He is forced to go back into service to protect his family and clean up the streets.
Good Vs. Evil |
Martial Arts |
Theatrical Release |
- Director of Photography Robert Thomas filmed the Jamaican footage.
- Filmed in Los Angeles, California, and Jamaica; color by DeLuxe; in Panavision. Shooting began February 20, 1990; completed May 1990.
- Energy & herbs were provided by Ron Teeguarden.
- The rituals seen in the film are based on Aba Qua, an African religion practiced in the Carribean.
- The filmmakers would like you to know that "The posse phenomenon is estimated to be a fraction of one per cent of the Jamaican population and should not detract from their country or the contributions Jamaicans have made to this country."
- Released in USA and Toronto October 5, 1990. Released on video April 18, 1990.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.