Bob Marley Uprising (Remastered)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.49 (46% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 31, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Island
Down Beat - 12/01, p.884 stars out of 5 - "...His most cohesive set of songs on Black pride and consciousness..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 8/02, p.85"...Though the man sounds parched and tired, this was the best of his later albums..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Coming In From The Cold
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Real Situation
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Bad Card
- $1.29 on iTunes4.We And Dem
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Work
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Zion Train
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Pimper's Paradise
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Could You Be Loved
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Forever Loving Jah
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Redemption Song
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Redemption Song
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Could You Be Loved
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Bob Marley & The Wailers: Bob Marley (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Aston "Family Man" Barrett (guitar, piano, bass, percussion); Junior Marvin (guitar, background vocals); Tyrone Downie (keyboards, background vocals); Carlton Barrett (drums, percussion).
The I Threes: Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths, Judy Mowatt (background vocals).
Producer: Bob Marley & The Wailers.
Reissue producers: Bill Levenson, Maxine Stowe.
Recorded at Tuff Gong Studio, Kingston, Jamaica. Originally released on Island (9596).
Digitally remastered by Ted Jensen (2001, Sterling Sound, New York, New York).
Personnel: Bob Marley (vocals, acoustic guitar); I-Threes (vocals); Aston Barrett (guitar, piano, percussion); Julian Marvin, Junior Marvin (guitar, background vocals); Tyrone Downie (keyboards, background vocals); Earl Lindo (keyboards); Carlton "Carly" Barrett (drums, percussion); Alvin Patterson (percussion); Judy Mowatt, Marcia Griffiths, Rita Marley (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chris Blackwell; Errol Brown .
Recording information: Tuff Gong Studios, Kinston, Jamaica.
Photographer: Adrian Boot.
Bob Marley generated a staggering number of great records during his brief time in the world's spotlight. Although he cut his first recordings in the early 1960s, it was not until the 1973 release of CATCH A FIRE that Marley and the Wailers became international stars. Eight years later Marley was dead, a victim of cancer. In between, he recorded eight studio albums and several live albums, all of excellent quality.
UPRISING is Marley's final album, and it's also one of his best. As on all his recordings, Marley's writing displays the gift for melody that helped non-Jamaican audiences gain access to his music even when he was singing about the details of island life and the doctrine of Rastafarianism. The most popular tracks here, "Could You Be Loved" and "Redemption Song," are pop masterpieces, but so too are lesser known tracks "Coming In From The Cold," "Pimper's Paradise," and "Bad Card." And except for "Redemption Song," a stunningly poignant protest song that features only Marley on vocal and acoustic guitar, you can dance to it. What more could you ask for?
The Old Grey Whistle Test - Complete Collection (3-DVD)(4)
$29.98 on SALE
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: Bob... (CD)(6)
$4.31 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Money In My Pocket: The Best of Dennis Brown (2-CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE