Willie Nelson Spirit
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 26, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Island
Rolling Stone - 12/26/96, p.198"...low-key, acoustic, stripped to the rugged fundamentals of a good song and a superior voice....Nelson's singing...remains a heavy wonder in itself, and the exquisite fiddling of old Bob Wills sidekick Johnny Gimble is always something to behold..."
Q - 8/96, p.1244 Stars (out of 5) - "...he offers a handful of originals which reach back to the cantinas and missions of rural Texas and an older, pre-Nashville tradition. The straightness of the delivery suits the directness of the material..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Jody Payne (guitar, background vocals); Johnny Gimble (fiddle); Bobbie Nelson (piano).
Recorded at Pedernales Recording, Austin, Texas.
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Johnny Gimble (fiddle); Bobbie Nelson (piano).
Audio Mixer: Joe Gracey.
Recording information: Pedernales Recording, Austin, TX (11/04/1995).
Illustrator: Dave Zettner.
Photographer: Chris Buck.
On his debut for Island Records, Willie Nelson returns to the song-cycle concept that served him well two decades earlier on RED HEADED STRANGER and PHASES AND STAGES. At age 63, Nelson uses the stripped-down, drumless SPIRIT to look back at his relationships with God and with women. "Matador," a beautiful, flamenco-flavored instrumental, begins and ends the record. In between, the Red Headed Stranger reminisces about all the good things the Creator has done ("I Thought About You, Lord"), and makes his peace in a direct conversation ("Too Sick To Pray"). Nelson's limber acoustic guitar resonates throughout, while sister Bobbie's distinctive piano playing is at the center of tales of lost love ("She Is Gone," "I'm Waiting Forever"). And Bobbie rambles alongside the joyous noise of long-time Nelson fiddler Johnny Gimble in another instrumental, "Spirit Of E9," a Tex-Mex-flavored waltz.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE