Willie Nelson Songs
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Hip-O Records
Dirty Linen - p.55"[The songs] underscore Nelson's stunning yet tender vocal prowess."
- 2.Touch Me
- 3.Good Time
- 4.Yesterday's Wine
- 5.Whiskey River
- 6.Stay All Night (Stay A Little Longer)
- 7.It's Not Supposed To Be That Way
- 8.Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
- 9.Good Hearted Woman
- 10.Always On My Mind
- 11.Just To Satisfy You
- 12.Pancho And Lefty
- 13.She Is Gone
- 14.My Own Peculiar Way
- 15.Funny How Time Slips Away
- 16.Night Life
- 17.Rainbow Connection
- 18.Don't Fade Away
- 19.Mendocino County Line
- 20.On The Road Again
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Lee Ann Womack, Merle Haggard, B.B. King, Waylon Jennings, Brian McKnight (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Considering the daunting number of Willie Nelson compilations already available prior to the release of 2005's SONGS, wary record-buyers may be forgiven for asking, "Why another one?" What sets this disc apart is its audacious attempt to summarize an incredibly prolific, half-century-plus career in a single 20-song collection. Given the sheer number of stylistic detours the Texas country singer has taken, complete success in this regard is an obvious impossibility.
That said, SONGS does a good job in presenting a wide-screen snapshot of the many moods of Mr. Nelson. The disc begins appropriately with Willie's original demo for "Crazy," one of his most famous compositions and a genre-defining hit for Patsy Cline. The lazy, jazzy, steel-guitar-driven honky-tonk of this seminal cut is followed by several tracks from the 1960s and '70s that reveal Nelson's descriptive lyrics, unusual vocal phrasing, and outlaw attitude all coming into full flower. The disc goes on to feature a series of duets, including a bluesy roadhouse version of Nelson's classic ballad "Funny How Time Slips Away" (with Francine Reed) and the synthesizer-infused pop/R&B of the Brian McKnight collaboration "Don't Fade Away." Fittingly, SONGS concludes with a rousing live version of the timeless Nelson tune "On the Road Again."
Waylon JenningsToo Dumb For New York City, Too Ugly For L.A. (CD)
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- T.G. Sheppard Strong Heart (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- John Anderson Paradise (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Gary Morris Stones (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Charlie Daniels The Door (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists The Heart You Break: Country Tear Jerkers (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE