- Songs: "Guess Things Happen That Way," "It Was Jesus," "Picking Time," "Big River," "I Was There When It Happened," "Ways of a Woman in Love," "Five Feet High and Rising," "Heartbreak Hotel," "I Got Stripes," "Suppertime," "Don't Take Your Guns to Town," "All Over Again," "You're the Nearest Thing to Heaven," "Frankie and Johnny," "Give My Love to Rose," "God Has My Fortune Laid Away" and "Cash Time" (Performed by The Hollywood Strings Orchestra)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Passport
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
He was the "Man in Black" and his name was Johnny Cash. His was a voice that found a home in many different musical genres. He was one of the founding fathers of rock 'n' roll and he was a dominating force in gospel as well as country music.
In Johnny Cash Singing At His Best, you'll see and hear the legendary Cash as he shows his unique musical versatility in seldom-seen television appearances. No fan of popular music should miss out on this rare collection!
Seventeen songs including "You're the Nearest Thing to Heaven," "Frankie and Johnny," "Give My Love to Rose," and "God Has My Fortune Laid Away."
Known as "The Man In Black," Johnny Cash was the dark heart of country music personified. Beginning his career on the legendary Sun record label, Cash was a stoically unsentimental performer who filled his songs with images of death and personal tragedy. His gravel-like vocals were unprecedented in the genre, and musically he often branched out to incorporate folk, rock and gospel influences into his style. His marriage to fellow musician June Carter proved a fruitful partnership both musically and personally, and Carter was responsible for writing "Ring of Fire," perhaps Cash's best known song. Johnny made sure he went to the grave with impeccable musical credentials, and his later years saw him collaborate with a host of contemporary hipsters such as Nick Cave, Will Oldham, and, most notably, producer Rick Rubin. This release sees him performing some of his most popular tunes, and stands as a fine testimony to his many talents.
- 1.Guess Things Happen That Way [DVD]
- 2.It Was Jesus [DVD]
- 3.Pickin' Time [DVD]
- 4.Big River [DVD]
- 5.I Was There When It Happened [DVD]
- 6.Ways of a Woman in Love [DVD]
- 7.Five Feet High and Rising [DVD]
- 8.Heartbreak Hotel [DVD]
- 9.I Got Stripes [DVD]
- 10.Suppertime [DVD]
- 11.Don't Take Your Guns to Town [DVD]
- 12.All Over Again [DVD]
- 13.You're the Nearest Thing to Heaven [DVD]
- 14.Frankie and Johnny [DVD]
- 15.Give My Love to Rose [DVD]
- 16.God Has My Fortune Laid Away [DVD]
- 17.Cash Time [DVD]
Country Music |
Music (General) |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,548
- UPC: 025493160192
- Shipping Weight: 0.22/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item