Pure 60's: The #1 Hits
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Utv Records
- 1.DionRunaround Sue
- 2.Del ShannonRunaway
- 3.The TokensThe Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)
- 4.The MarvelettesPlease Mr. Postman
- 5.Lesley GoreIt's My Party
- 6.The AngelsMy Boyfriend's Back
- 7.Martha Reeves & The VandellasHeat Wave, (Love Is Like A)
- 8.The TemptationsMy Girl
- 9.Manfred MannDo Wah Diddy Diddy
- 10.The Four TopsI Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
- 11.The SupremesStop! In The Name Of Love
- 12.The TroggsWild Thing
- 13.The McCoysHang On Sloopy
- 14.Sonny & CherI Got You Babe
- 15.The Mamas & the PapasMonday Monday
- 16.The Beach BoysGood Vibrations
- 17.The Lovin' SpoonfulSummer In The City
- 19.The TurtlesHappy Together
- 20.The Box TopsThe Letter
- 21.The MonkeesI'm A Believer
- 22.Strawberry Alarm ClockIncense And Peppermints
- 23.Tommy James & The ShondellsCrimson And Clover
- 24.Marvin GayeI Heard It Through The Grapevine
- 25.The Fifth DimensionAquarius / Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- 26.SteamNa Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
Recorded between 1961 & 1969.
This compilation is just what it says: number one hits on the American charts from the 1960s. It has a leg up on some similar anthologies, though, by virtue of its sheer quantity: 26 songs spanning the entire decade, which is pretty good value for a single CD. While it's true the selection is a little arbitrary, on the whole it's really good, and whether you care about chart statistics or not, it's an excellent disc if you're looking for an all-purpose collection of 1960s pop/rock classics. There are many core classics here, spanning rock, soul, pop, and the British Invasion: the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations," Del Shannon's "Runaway," the Marvelettes' "Please Mr. Postman," Martha & the Vandellas' "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave," Manfred Mann's "Do Wah Diddy Diddy," the Mamas & the Papas' "Monday, Monday," the Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer in the City," the Box Tops' "The Letter," the Troggs' "Wild Thing," the Temptations' "My Girl," and Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine." Actually, if there's one complaint, it's that British artists are only represented by those Manfred Mann and Troggs cuts. But even the less-critically canonized, poppy hits here are for the most part indisputable classics: the Turtles' "Happy Together," Tommy James & the Shondells' "Crimson and Clover," the Monkees' "I'm a Believer," the Strawberry Alarm Clock's "Incense and Peppermints," the Association's "Windy," Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe," and more. It's like a double-dozen dose of number one hits from oldies stations without the commercials or any of the clunkers that happened to reach number one by chance. ~ Richie Unterberger
Sam the Sham & the PharaohsThe Best of Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs [Karussell]
$9.90 Super Savings
The Best of The 60s - 20th Century Masters / Millennium...
$4.31 Super Savings
The Best of The 70s - 20th Century Masters / Millennium...
$8.84 Super Savings
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.69 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 44 ratings.
Based on 44 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!