- Released: December 1, 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - p.167
"'Vindicated' leads a solid batch of previously unreleased tracks from today's hottest emo acts."
- 1.Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
- 2.Ordinary - Train
- 3.Did You - Hoobastank
- 4.Hold On - Jet
- 5.Gifts and Curses - Yellowcard
- 6.Woman - Maroon 5
- 7.This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know) - Taking Back Sunday
- 8.Give It Up - Midtown
- 9.Lucky You - lostprophets
- 10.Who I Am - Smile Empty Soul
- 11.The Night That The Lights Went Out In Nyc - The Ataris
- 12.We Are - Ana
- 13.Someone To Die For - Jimmy Gnecco featuring Brian May
- 14.Spidey Suite - Danny Elfman
- 15.Doc Ock Suite - Danny Elfman
Composer: Danny Elfman.
Since Hollywood movie soundtracks often feature music that is popular during the release of the attendant film, delving into the soundtrack category is a great way to hear what teenagers are into at a particular pop-culture moment. As such, the original SPIDER-MAN movie featured a preponderance of nu-metal and neo-grunge that was not only appropriate to the film's fast-action pace, but also wildly popular in 2002.
Times and tastes change, though, and for 2004's SPIDER-MAN 2, Chad Kroeger, Alien Ant Farm, and Black Lab are replaced by equally energetic, but decidedly less metallic delegates from the pop (Train, Maroon 5), rock (the Ataris, Jet), and emo (Dashboard Confessional, Midtown) camps. After a quick old-guard showing from Smile Empty Soul, the disc wraps up with several bits of score music from the timelessly appropriate Danny Elfman. A good aural representation of both the super-hero and shy-student sides of the Spider-Man/Peter Parker dichotomy, this soundtrack is an exciting listen for mainstream music fans and Spidey buffs alike.