Tom Petty Pack Up The Plantation-Live
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.20 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MCA
- $0.99 on iTunes1.So You Want To Be A Rock 'N Roll Star
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Needles & Pins
- $1.29 on iTunes3.The Waiting
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Breakdown
- $1.29 on iTunes5.American Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes6.It Ain't Nothin' To Me
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Insider
- $0.69 on iTunes8.Rockin' Around (With You)
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Refugee
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Southern Accents
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Rebels
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Don't Bring Me Down
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Shout
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Stories We Could Tell
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Tom Petty (vocals, acoustic, electric, 6- & 12-string guitars); Mike Campbell (electric, 12-string, lap steel & slide guitars); Howie Epstein (mandolin, bass, background vocals); Benmont Tench (keyboards, background vocals); Stan Lynch (drums, background vocals).
Additional personnel: Stevie Nicks (vocals); Bobby Valentino (violin); Jimmy Zavala (harmonica, saxophone); Lee Thornburg (trumpet, flugelhorn); Nick Lane (trombone, euphonium); Ron Blair (bass); Pat Peterson, Carroll Sue Hill (percussion, background vocals); Phil Jones (percussion).
Recorded live at various locations during Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' 1985 tour.
Personnel: Tom Petty (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar); Stan Lynch (vocals, keyboards, drums); Benmont Tench (vocals, keyboards); Pat Peterson, Carroll Sue Hill (vocals, percussion, background vocals); Stevie Nicks (vocals); Mike Campbell (guitar, slide guitar, steel guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Howie Epstein (mandolin); Bobby Valentino (violin); Jimmy Zavola, Jimmy "Z" Zavala (harmonica, saxophone); Lee Thornburg (trumpet, flugelhorn, horns); Nick Lane (trombone, euphonium, horns); Phil Jones (percussion).
Recording information: Forum, LA, CA; Hammersmith Odeon, London, England; Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, Irvine, CA; Paradise Club, Boston, MA; Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH; Wiltern Theater, LA, CA.
Captured in concert in their mid-'80s "eclectic" phase, backed by horns and female vocalists, Petty and the Heartbreakers get to show more sides of their personality than the confines of a studio recording generally permit. That's most obvious in the preponderance of spirited cover tunes that lay the band's roots squarely on their collective sleeve. Listening to their version of the Byrds' "So You Want to be a Rock 'n' Roll Star" makes it plain where Petty got his drawling vocal style and penchant for ringing guitars, just as a rendition of "Shout" lays bare the band's soul influences. Atmospheric jamming vehicles like "Breakdown" also benefit greatly from the live circumstances, and on early tunes like "American Girl," Petty and company prove that they can still blaze through a heartland rocker like no one else.
Tom PettyLive at the Olympic: The Last DJ and More [DVD] (2-CD)
Saturday Night Live - Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s (DVD)(9)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)(44)
$15.59 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE