Television Themes: 16 Most Requested Songs
by Various Artists
- Released: December 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.American Bandstand: Bandstand Boogie - Les Elgart and His Orchestra
- 2.I Love Lucy: I Love Lucy - Desi Arnaz
- 3.Medic: Blue Star - Felicia Sanders
- 4.The Late Late Show: The Syncopated Clock - Percy Faith and His Orchestra
- 5.Davy Crockett, King of The Wild Frontier: The Ballad of Davy Crockett - Fess Parker / Buddy Ebsen
- 6.Green Acres: Green Acres - Eddie Albert
- 7.Petticoat Junction: Petticoat Junction - Lester Flatt / Earl Scruggs
- 8.Have Gun, Will Travel: The Ballad of Paladin - Johnny Western
- 9.The Rebel: The Rebel - Johnny Yuma - Johnny Cash
- 10.Get Smart: Get Smart - Bob Crane
- 11.The Beverly Hillbillies: The Ballad of Jed Clampett - Lester Flatt / Earl Scruggs
- 12.Rawhide: Rawhide - Frankie Laine
- 13.The Virginian: The Virginian - Percy Faith
- 14.Hogan's Heroes: Theme From Hogan's Heroes - Bob Crane
- 15.Perry Mason: Park Avenue Beat (Theme From Perry Mason) - Ray Coniff and His Orchestra
- 16.Hill Street Blues: Theme From Hill Street Blues - Rodney Franklin
Recorded between 1951 and 1981. Includes liner notes by Didier C. Deutsch.
Tracks 1-6 are mono. Tracks 7-16 are stereo.
This is part of Legacy's 16 Most Requested Songs series.
The "Hill Street Blues" theme is from 1981, but otherwise everything on this compilation is from the '50s and '60s, the period that produced the television themes that are remembered the most fondly. A few of the most popular items in this mini-genre are here, including Flatt & Scruggs' "Ballad of Jed Clampett" (from The Beverly Hillbillies), Frankie Laine's "Rawhide," Desi Arnaz's "I Love Lucy," and "Green Acres" (sung here by Eddie Albert). Not all of these are the versions commonly associated with television broadcast: the "Get Smart" theme, for instance, is heard in a version by drummer Bob Crane. Yes, that's the same Bob Crane who starred in Hogan's Heroes, and in fact he also plays on the theme for that series, which is found elsewhere on the disc. The musical highlight is one of the more obscure themes, "The Rebel," recorded by Johnny Cash in 1959. ~ Richie Unterberger
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!