Johnnie Ray 16 Most Requested Songs
Only 9 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Andrews Sisters ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $5.39
- by The Ink Spots ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $3.99
- by Frankie Laine ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.97
- by The McGuire Sisters ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.39
- by Johnnie Ray ~ Greatest Songs ~ $13.25
- Released: December 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 2.Walking My Baby Back Home
- 3.All of Me
- 4.Whiskey and Gin
- 5.Let's Walk That - A - Way
- 6.Don't Blame Me
- 7.The Little White Cloud That Cried
- 8.Just Walkin' In The Rain
- 9.(Here I Am) Broken Hearted
- 10.Tell The Lady I Said Goodbye
- 11.Why Should I Be Sorry
- 12.Glad Rag Doll
- 13.Hey There
- 14.Please, Mr. Sun
- 15.Such A Night
- 16.As Time Goes By
Out of print on cassette on Legacy  - (D99).
Johnny Ray's cultural significance -- which was only slightly less substantial than that of Elvis Presley -- can be summed up with this 45-minute compilation of his hits from 1951 through 1956. The singles are an amazing array of jazz and blues-inflected performances by a white singer, not unheard of at the time, but seldom spoken of as a desirable trait in the pop field in those days. Among those tracks, "All of Me," "Whiskey and Gin," "Walkin' My Baby Back Home," "Don't Blame Me," and "As Time Go By" are worth the price of the CD. There's also a good deal of pop music here, including the duet "Let's Walk That-A-Way" with Doris Day, which, unfortunately, fits easily into her '50s pop music output, and the pop choruses backing him on "Just Walkin' in the Rain" break the spell created by his most interesting vocal performances, but this CD is still a vivid portrait of a singer who broke lots of barriers -- and annoyed a lot of critics while doing it -- while Elvis Presley was still in high school. The sound is excellent, incidentally, and the notes by Will Friedwald are thorough, though one wishes there were recording and release dates attached to each song. ~ Bruce Eder
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$7.98 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,526
- UPC: 886974971528
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK