Eric Clapton No Reason To Cry (Remastered)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.64 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 1, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Q - 11/96, p.1472 Stars (out of 5) - ".... A huddle of superstar chums (including Bob Dylan, whose 'Sign Language' is the outstanding new song) play some 'tasty licks,'..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Beautiful Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Carnival
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Sign Language
- $0.99 on iTunes4.County Jail Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes5.All Our Past Times
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Hello Old Friend
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Double Trouble
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Innocent Times
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Hungry
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Black Summer Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Last Night
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Ron Wood, Robbie Robertson, Rick Danko, Georgie Fame, Richard Manuel, Marcy Levy, Jesse Ed Davis, Yvonne Elliman, Carl Radle, Wah Wah Watson.
Engineers: Ralph Moss, Ed Anderson, Nat Jeffrey.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Chris Jagger, Sandy Castle, Marcy Levy, Yvonne Elliman, Bob Dylan (vocals); Robbie Robertson (guitar, keyboards); George Terry, Jesse Ed Davis , Ron Wood, Wah-Wah Watson (guitar); Garth Hudson (saxophone, keyboards); Bobby Ellis (trumpet); Albhy Galuten (piano); Dick Sims, Georgie Fame, Billy Preston (keyboards); Jamie Oldaker, Levon Helm, Richard Manuel (drums); Terry Danko, Sergio Rodriguez, Ralph Moss (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Tom Nikosey.
Recording information: Shangri-la Studios; Village Recorder.
Photographer: Ed Caraeff.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Roger Forrester; Wilton Spears; Dominic Lumetta; Mickey Turner; Geoff Harrison; Dick Lapalm; Larry Samuels; Dread Lever; Brains Bradley; Konrad Kramer; Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Arranger: Eric Clapton.
In the spirit of all-star get-togethers endemic to that part of the '70s, 1976's NO REASON TO CRY became Eric Clapton's recorded version of the Rolling Thunder Tour. Joining Clapton in the studio were Bob Dylan, Ron Wood, Georgie Fame and Band-mates Robbie Robertson, Rick Danko & Richard Manuel (Clapton returned the favor later in the year by appearing in The Last Waltz, the Band's last live show). Clapton's buddies also contributed material, including Dylan's "Sign Language," the Danko/Manuel composition "Beautiful Thing" and Danko's country-flavored "All Our Past Times."
At this point in his solo career, Clapton was taking a more languid and low-key approach towards playing, with more emphasis on presenting songs and less on soloing. Songs such as the wistful "Hello Old Friend" and the aching "Innocent Times," featuring Marcy Levy's gospel-flavored vocals, reflect Slowhand's countryish leanings of the time. Clapton's love of the blues, however, was undiminished, and when he tackles both Otis Rush's "Double Trouble" and Little Walter's "Last Night," he shines despite any stylistic changes.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(20)
$4.31 Super Savings
The Ultimate Hits: The Master Plays the Blues (CD)
$12.49 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE