Neil Diamond The Neil Diamond Collection
|You Save:||$0.90 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Neil Diamond ~ Classics: The Early Years ~ $6.98 (Save 46%)
- by Neil Diamond ~ The Essential Neil Diamond (2-CD) ~ $13.57
- by Neil Diamond ~ Hot August Night (Remastered) (2-CD) ~ $8.34
Products with a similar style:
- Frank Sinatra Classics And Standards (CD) ~ $2.98 (Save 63%)
- Frank Sinatra Duets & Duets II: 90th Birthday Limited Collector's Edition (2-CD) ~ $22.48
- Frank Sinatra The Song Is You (CD) ~ $3.99 (Save 50%)
- Frank Sinatra Songs From The Movies (CD) ~ $3.99 (Save 50%)
- Released: November 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MCA
- 1.Sweet Caroline
- 2.Cracklin' Rosie
- 3.Song Sung Blue
- 4.Play Me
- 5.Brooklyn Roads
- 7.Crunchy Granola Suite
- 8.And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind
- 9.Holly Holy
- 10.Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
- 13.Walk On Water
- 14.Cherry, Cherry
- 15.I Am...I Said
- 16.Done Too Soon
- 18.He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Neil Diamond, Tom Catalano, Chip Taylor, Chips Moman, Tommy Cogbill.
Compilation producer: Mike Ragogna.
Includes liner notes by Mike Ragogna.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (MCA Music Media Studios, North Hollywood, California).
An overview of the pop legend's 1969-'72 stint at MCA, THE NEIL DIAMOND COLLECTION brings together the singer/songwriter's finest studio work from this period, some of the best music he ever recorded. The 18 tracks form a definitive picture of Diamond's aesthetic. With one foot in rock and one in adult-contemporary pop, Diamond borrowed elements from folk, gospel, country, and R&B, synthesized these in his deep, expressive baritone, and delivered the whole with a dramatic flair.
COLLECTION plays like a '70s radio hits mix, with every cut except the Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother," penned by Diamond. Nearly every track here charted, with two number ones ("Cracklin' Rosie;" "Song Sung Blue") and several others following close behind. Even lower-charting songs like "Stones," Soolaimon," and "Done Too Soon" showcase the strength, emotion, and accessibility of Diamond's enduring songcraft. COLLECTION is more thoughtfully selected than the double-disc NEIL DIAMOND GOLD, and has superior sound and more tracks than 12 GREATEST HITS. A perfect retrospective of an important artist, COLLECTION is the finest available anthology of Diamond's early work.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!