- Released: December 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.My Back Pages - Magokoro Brothers
- 2.Gotta Serve Somebody - Shirley Caesar
- 3.Down In The Flood - Bob Dylan
- 4.It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - Grateful Dead
- 5.Most of The Time - Sophie Zelmani
- 6.On A Night Like This - Los Lobos
- 7.Diamond Joe - Bob Dylan
- 8.Come Una Pietra Scalciata (Like A Rolling Stone) - Articolo 31
- 9.One More Cup of Coffee - Sertab
- 10.Non Dirle Che Non E' Cosi' (If You See Her, Say Hello) - Francesco De Gregori
- 11.Dixie - Bob Dylan
- 12.Seqor (Tales of Yankee Power) - Jerry Garcia
- 13.Cold Irons Bound - Bob Dylan
- 14.City of Gold - The Dixie Hummingbirds
Bob Dylan's Band: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar); Charlie Dixon, Larry Campbell (guitar, background vocals); Tony Garnier (bass); George Recile (drums).
Includes liner notes by Alan Light.
"Down In The Flood" was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance.
The soundtrack to the 2003 film starring and co-written by Bob Dylan obviously centers around the legendary songwriter's compositions, but with a twist. The bulk of the selections here are Dylan tunes performed by other artists, some being international performers who've translated the lyrics into their native tongues. To hear a Japanese version of "My Back Pages" by the Magokoro Brothers, or an Italian-language take on the BLOOD ON THE TRACKS ballad "If You See Her, Say Hello" is to enter into a delightfully surreal and entertaining world.
There's also a batch of Dylan performances that were captured live on a soundstage specifically for the movie. The bluesy, apocalyptic "Down in the Flood," the folk song "Diamond Joe," a straightforward version of the old warhorse "Dixie," and an ominous take on TIME OUT OF MIND's "Cold Irons Bound." These cuts capture the raw, rootsy power of Dylan's late-'90s/early-'00s band perfectly, and show that 2003 found him still very much a vital force.