B.B. King Let the Good Times Roll: The Music of Louis Jordan
|You Save:||$1.39 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Louis Jordan ~ The Best of Louis Jordan [MCA] ~ $8.34
- by B.B. King ~ Blues On The Bayou ~ $7.79
- by B.B. King ~ Indianola Mississippi Seeds ~ $5.97
- by Eric Clapton / B.B. King ~ Riding With The King ~ $6.39
Products with a similar style:
- Released: October 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MCA
Down Beat - 2/00, p.623.5 out of 5 - "...a delightful set of classic pop r&b, brightened further by the lean bounce of Hank Crawford's small band charts....King never fails to deliver the goods...especially in the steely twang of his fine guitar work..."
Living Blues - 1-2/00, p.60"...King does right by Jordan's swinging songs....cutting loose with some stinging licks....accurately evoking the original platter's atmospheric magic....the album should raise awareness of Jordan's essential catalog..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 1/00, p.104"...there are enough good things [here] to please fans of either artist..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't My Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Beware, Brother Beware
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Somebody Done Changed The Lock On My Door
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Ain't That Just Like a Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Choo Choo Ch' Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Buzz Me
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Early In The Mornin'
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Jack, You're Dead!
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Knock Me A Kiss
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Let The Good Times Roll
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Caldonia
- $0.99 on iTunes14.It's A Great, Great Pleasure
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Rusty Dusty Blues (Mama Mama Blues)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Sure Had A Wonderful Time Last Night
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Saturday Night Fish Fry
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: B.B. King (vocals, guitar); Dr. John (vocals, piano); Russell Malone (guitar); Hank Crawford (alto saxophone); David "Fathead" Newman (tenor saxophone); Marcus Belgrave (trumpet); Neil Larsen (piano, Hammond organ); John Heard (bass); Earl Palmer (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion).
Recorded at Cello Recording Studios, Hollywood, California. Includes liner notes by B.B. King.
"Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't (My Baby)" won the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album.
Personnel: Dr. John (vocals, piano); Hank Crawford (alto saxophone); David "Fathead" Newman (tenor saxophone); Marcus Belgrave (trumpet); Neil Larsen (piano); Earl Palmer (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Rik Pekkonen.
Recording information: Cello Recording Studios, Hollyw.
Photographer: Michael Wilson .
Though a wry humor permeates many of B.B. King's classic performances, "funny" is not necessarily the first word that comes to mind, making this 1999 collection of rollicking tunes written or popularized by jump-blues vocalist Louis Jordan seem an odd project at first.
However, any doubts are vanquished within the first minute of the opening "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens." Wisely avoiding straight imitation of Jordan's unique style, King adapts the songs to suit himself. This means that "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby" gains a sly swagger and a slightly risque undertone, as if the question is purely rhetorical. King was nearly the only member of his blues generation to still be touring and recording actively by the late '90s, and LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL shows this blues master at the top of his game.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!