George Strait Latest Greatest Straitest Hits
17 copies available
|You Save:||$1.39 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 6, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: MCA Nashville
Q - 6/00, p.1294 stars out of 5 - "...This is his third greatest hits album. It's also very good. Strait's music always swings in a Texas manner..."
- 1.The Best Day
- 2.Murder On Music Row
- 3.Carrying Your Love With Me
- 5.Lead On
- 6.Carried Away
- 7.Blue Clear Sky
- 8.We Really Shouldn't Be Doing This
- 9.I Can Still Make Cheyenne
- 11.King Of The Mountain
- 12.Round About Way
- 13.You Can't Make A Heart Love Somebody
- 14.One Night At A Time
- 15.Today My World Slipped Away
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Strait, Alan Jackson (vocals); Steve Gibson (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (fiddle); Steve Nathan (keyboards); Glann Worf (bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Lee Ann Womack, Liana Manis, Wes Hightower (background vocals).
Engineers: Chuck Ainlay, Steve Marcantonio.
Recorded at Ocean Way Studios, Nashville, Tennessee. Includes liner notes by Paul Kinsbury.
"Murder On Music Row" (with Alan Jackson) won the 2000 CMA Award for Vocal Event Of The Year.
"Murder On Music Row" was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Awards for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals.
Personnel: George Strait (vocals, background vocals); Steve Gibson (guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); Steve Nathan (keyboards); Glenn Worf (bass guitar); Eddie Bayers (drums); Alan Jackson, Lee Ann Womack, Wes Hightower, Liana Manis (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: John Guess.
Liner Note Author: Paul Kingsbury.
Recording information: Ocean Way Studios, Nashville, TN (04/19/1994-10/27/1999); The Sound Station (04/19/1994-10/27/1999).
With George Strait, the hits literally do keep on coming. At the start of the 21st century, more than 20 years into his career, this elder statesman of "New Country" still racked up Number-Ones effortlessly. The secret, of course, is in the songs. Strait's real talent is his ability to choose outstanding material, and there's a hefty chunk of it on this CD, which collects his mid-to-late '90s hits.
It's all here, from the Cajun stomp and rockin' rhythms of "Adalida" and "We Really Shouldn't Be Doing This," to the breezy catchiness of "Carrying Your Love With Me, " "True," and "Blue Clear Sky," to the heartache of "King of the Mountain" and "Today My World Slipped Away." The brilliant "Check Yes Or No" is MIA, but the CD does offer two new cuts, "The Best Day," a father/son ballad, and "Murder on Music Row," a duet with Alan Jackson. The latter is a neat gimmick: two "real" country singers recording a scathing put-down of Shania Twain-type country. But LATEST GREATEST proves that Strait is entitled to scold his colleagues for not "keeping it country." After all, he always has--and look where he ended up.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 69 ratings.
Based on 69 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE