New Edition Hits
11 copies available
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$7.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.61 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Geffen Records
Rolling Stone - p.774 stars out of 5 - "New Edition effortlessly churned out flawless electropop ditties..."
- 1.Cool It Now
- 2.Mr. Telephone Man
- 3.Lost In Love
- 4.Count Me Out
- 5.Little Bit Of Love, A (Is All It Takes)
- 6.With You All The Way
- 7.Earth Angel
- 8.Once In A Lifetime Groove
- 9.Hopelessly In Love
- 10.If It Isn't Love
- 11.You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- 12.Can You Stand The Rain
- 14.N.E. Heart Break
- 15.Hit Me Off
- 16.I'm Still In Love With You
- 17.You Don't Have To Worry
New Edition: Ralph Tresvant, Bobby Brown, Ronnie DeVoe, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Johnny Gill (vocals).
Producers include: Vincent Brantley, Rick Timas, Ray Parker Jr., Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis.
Compilation producers: Andy McKaie, Dana Smart.
Recorded between 1984 & 1996.
Photographers: Douglas Rowell; Albert Watson ; Jim Shea.
When Geffen released Hits early on in 2004, there were a few New Edition compilations previously available, each one with its own set of problems. Released in 1991, Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 (looks like that second volume will never happen) threw in only 11 cuts; 1998's Lost in Love: The Best of Slow Jams obviously left out the upbeat numbers; 2000's All the Number Ones ignored a number of significant, albeit lower-performing, hits. More importantly, almost all of these sets -- including 1996's New Edition Solo Hits -- featured solo material recorded by various members of the group (along with the occasional Bell Biv DeVoe hit). With all of that considered, you'd be led to believe that a solid all-New Edition compilation would have to be padded out in some manner. If there's any proof that these older compilations shortchanged the group's career somewhat, it's Hits, which features 17 of New Edition's highlights, arranged chronologically from 1984's "Cool It Now" to 1996's "You Don't Have to Worry." Virtually every moment of note is included. Whether you listened to the "High Five at Nine"-type show on the pop station or the R&B station during these years, you're probably familiar with almost every single song. Needless to say, Hits is now the best one-stop New Edition fix. ~ Andy Kellman
Boyz II MenLegacy: The Greatest Hits Collection [Enhanced CD]
$9.72 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 24 ratings.
Based on 24 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK