C.W. McCall Greatest Hits
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.50 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 21, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- 2.The Silverton
- 3.Four Wheel Drive
- 4.Wolf Creek Pass
- 6.There Won't Be No Country Music (There Won't Be No Rock 'N' Roll)
- 7.Old Home Filler Up An' Keep On A-Truckin' Cafe
- 8.Crispy Critters
- 9.Round The World With The Rubber Duck
- 10.Black Bear Road
- 11.Roses For Mama
- 12.Aurora Borealis
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: C.W. McCall (vocals).
Recording information: Kansas City, MO; Nebraska; Omaha; Sound Recorders Inc., Omaha, NE; Sound Recorders, Inc., Kansas City, MO; Sound Recorders, Inc., Omaha, NE; Sound Records, Inc., Ohmaha, NE.
Photographer: Don Sears.
Arranger: Chip Davis.
No other artist took advantage of the CB craze of the '70s better than CW McCall. Chock full of trucker lingo, his songs bordered on the novelty type and would have been classified as just that if it wasn't for the popularity it gained from radio play. While much of McCall's material is either out of print or extremely hard to find, his Greatest Hits more than suffices. Although outdated, there is still some humor left to be found in some of his campy tunes. His hillbilly drawl is front and center on "Wolf Creek Pass," while terms like "smoky" and "10-4" are hilariously rekindled on "'Round the World With Rubber Duck." His claim to fame, the mighty "Convoy," which was loosely based on protests by truck drivers on state-issued border tolls, hit number one on Billboard's Top 40 back in 1975. McCall rarely sang, as his long-tongued songs usually involved him spinning the yarn while a chorus of females with high-pitched voices sang the middle. "Roses for Mama" was a serious attempt for McCall that was in the same vein as Red Sovine's "Teddy Bear," and "Crispy Critters" sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy offering. The music, which is a light spattering of countrified guitar and banjo, helps to guide the Hee-Haw whimsy of the songs to the height of 18-wheel silliness. Still fun to listen to, but undoubtedly dated, this disc will still conjure up the odd chuckle. ~ Mike DeGagne
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 28,149
- UPC: 042282579324
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Wheeling West Virginia: October 2, 1976 (Live) (CD)
$16.55 Super Savings
Hard, Hard Traveling Man [Bear Family] (4-CD Box Set)
$94.15 Super Savings
Arthur Alexander The Greatest (CD) ~
$16.04 Super Savings
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Best Of Blue Collar Comedy (2-CD) ~ $12.58
Brooks & Dunn Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD) ~
$12.50 Super Savings
- Michael Card Joy in the Journey: 10 Years of Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $15.28
- Carpenters Yesterday Once More  (2-CD) ~ $18.89 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE