Parliament Gold (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 1, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Island
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Up For The Down Stroke
- 3.All Your Goodies Are Gone
- 4.Chocolate City
- 5.Ride On
- 6.P. Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up)
- 7.Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)
- 8.Mothership Connection (Star Child)
- 10.Do That Stuff
- 11.Dr. Funkenstein
- 12.Funkin' For Fun
- 13.Let's Take It To The Stage / Take Your Dead Ass Home (Say Som'n Nasty) (Live)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Parliament: Bootsy Collins (vocals, guitar, bass instrument, drums); Eddie Hazel (vocals, guitar); George Clinton (vocals); Fred Wesley, Maceo Parker, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker (horns); Bernie Worrell (keyboards, synthesizer); Dennis Chambers (drums); Philippe Wynne (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Greg Tate.
It's hard to keep up with George Clinton's P-Funk mob. From the late 1960s through the early '80s (though the band continued in different incarnations well into the 2000s), Clinton's visionary, family-style amalgam of musicians recorded under different names (Funkadelic, Parliament, Bootsy's Rubber Band), but remained true to a tirelessly funky ethos. Parliament, the most commerically successful branch of the P-Funk empire, specialized in highly polished party jams that lacked the grit and grunge of Funkadelic's acid-rock freakouts. In the '70s, Parliament turned out some of the most unique and memorable dance music of that (or any) era.
Since Parliament's studio albums were sometimes uneven, GOLD provides a fine service by bringing together their best material on two discs. Disc One kicks off with the group's first two singles, 1974's "Up for the Down Stroke" and "Testify"--both of which hold up remarkably--and continues through highlights from Parliament's masterpiece, MOTHERSHIP CONNECTION, and its follow-up, THE CLONES OF DR. FUNKENSTEIN. Disc Two contains "Bop Gun (Endangered Species)" and the 12-inch version of "Flash Light," one of the most complex and booty-moving funk compositions ever, before delving into the disco-inflected material from the turn of the decade. Along with the two-disc TEAR THE ROOF OFF (1974-1980), GOLD is the best one-stop purchase for an overview of these funk monsters.
Gloryhallastoopid (Or Pin The Tail On The Funky) (CD)
$5.97 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE