Cream Gold (2-CD)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Eric Clapton 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton (CD) ~ $6.11
- The Who 30 Years of Maximum R&B (4-CD) ~ $52.45
- Free The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $3.99
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I Feel Free
- 3.Sweet Wine
- 4.I'm So Glad
- 5.Strange Brew
- 6.Sunshine Of Your Love
- 7.World Of Pain
- 8.Tales Of Brave Ulysses
- 10.We're Going Wrong
- 11.White Room
- 12.Sitting OnTop Of The World
- 13.Passing The Time
- 15.Those Were The Days
- 16.Born Under A Bad Sign
- 17.Deserted Cities Of The Heart
- 18.Anyone For Tennis
- 20.Doing That Scrapyard Thing
- 21.What A Bringdown
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Cream: Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Jack Bruce (vocals, acoustic guitar, cello, harmonica, piano, organ, bass guitar); Ginger Baker (vocals, drums, percussion); Felix Pappalardi (viola, trumpet, piano, organ, Mellotron).
Additional personnel: George Harrison (guitar); Felix Pappalardi.
Audio Remixer: Adrian Barber.
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Recording information: Atlantic Studios, NY (07/1966-03/1969); Chalk Farm Studios (07/1966-03/1969); Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA (07/1966-03/1969); IBC Studios, London, England (07/1966-03/1969); Mayfair Studios, London, England (07/1966-03/1969); The Forum, Los Angeles, CA (07/1966-03/1969); Winterland, San Francisco, CA (07/1966-03/1969).
Photographers: Jim Marshall ; Barrie Wentzell; David Redfern; Chuck Stewart.
Arranger: Eric Clapton.
Singer/composer Michael Gira's 1980s band Swans, with their considerable darkness/bleakness quotient, were perhaps the only outfit that could make Joy Division and Leonard Cohen sound practically jolly. Gira's Angels of Light project, however, is another matter entirely. While the Angels' music is still somewhat grim in lyrical content and vocal timbre, the overwhelmingly intense Swans-like approach has largely given way to a bittersweet melodic presentation. The autumnal, reflective tone is enhanced by Gira's neo-folk proteges Akron/Family, who serve as the backing band.
The title THE ANGELS OF LIGHT SING "OTHER PEOPLE" refers not to other songwriters, but rather songs about particular people who've inspired/affected Gira in one way or another. He must know some fascinating characters: "Michael's White Hands" is a tapestry of buzzing, jangling string instruments conveying a chant/rant about a disorienting parallel world, the likes of which the Doors' Jim Morrison used to visit. "To Live Through Someone" has a catchy lilt that recalls British Isles' folk music, and the sweetly sung background vocals provide a welcome contrast to Gira's chilly, yet strangely compassionate, old-hermit-of-the-forest delivery. For those feeling haunted the memory of someone (or some particular time), SING "OTHER PEOPLE" may be an ideal form of musical catharsis.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE