Cream Disraeli Gears
18 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.20 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
The Who 30 Years of Maximum R&B (4-CD) ~ $51.29
- Released: March 1, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.124Ranked #112 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "[C]olorful, concise songs..."
Uncut - p.1284 stars out of 5 - "The album was a huge, Top 5 success on both sides of the Atlantic, transforming the shape of rock music, which still draws deeply on its power-trio innovations."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1223 stars out of 5 - "With its perfect Martin Sharp sleeve and disciplined performances, DISRAELI GEARS was always Cream's best record. It remains so..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Strange Brew
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Sunshine Of Your Love
- $0.99 on iTunes3.World Of Pain
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Dance The Night Away
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Blue Condition
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Tales Of Brave Ulysses
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Swlabr
- $0.69 on iTunes8.We're Going Wrong
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Outside Woman Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Take It Back
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Mother's Lament
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The remastered DISRAELI GEARS is also available in its entirety on the 4 disc set THOSE WERE THE DAYS.
Cream: Eric Clapton (guitar, vocals); Jack Bruce (bass, vocals, harmonica); Ginger Baker (drums, vocals).
Recorded at Atlantic Studios, New York, New York in May 1967.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Jack Bruce (vocals, harmonica, keyboards); Ginger Baker (vocals, drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Recording information: 05/1967.
Illustrator: Martin Sharp .
Photographer: Bob Whitaker.
Arranger: Robert Stigwood.
Recorded in the U.S. in a three-and-a-half day flurry of inspired activity before the band members' visas expired, DISRAELI GEARS continued to present the legendary, unprecedented rock power-trio acrobatics pioneered by Cream on their debut FRESH CREAM. The acronymic "SWLABR (She Walked Like a Bearded Rainbow)" for instance, featured some of the band's most fiery instrumental interplay. The album, with its eye-catching day-glo cover, was produced by Felix Pappalardi (who went on to co-found the Cream-inspired Mountain) and once again featured collaborations between singer/bassist Jack Bruce and lyric poet Pete Brown. The Top Five hit "Sunshine Of Your Love," however, was written by Brown and Eric Clapton. That iconic riff-rocker, along with the slinky, bluesy "Strange Brew," and the mythographic, wah-wah stomper "Tales of Brave Ulysses" was a staple of rock radio forever after, making DISRAELI GEARS one of the seminal '60s rock albums. Despite the good humor suggested by the jokey a capella reading of "Mother's Lament," however, all was far from peace and love in the Cream camp at the time, as internal and external pressures broke up the band by the end of 1968.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 136 ratings.
Based on 136 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Count Basie Blues By Basie / Dance Parade (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE