Disco Gold (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.88 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 14, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Thelma HoustonDon't Leave Me This Way
- 2.TavaresHeaven Must Be Missing An Angel
- 3.T.S.O.P. (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- 4.Vicki Sue RobinsonTurn The Beat Around
- 5.The Ritchie FamilyBrazil
- 6.The TrammpsDisco Inferno
- 7.Don RayGot To Have Loving
- 8.The EmotionsBest Of My Love
- 9.Sister SledgeWe Are Family
- 10.Yvonne EllimanIf I Can't Have You
- 11.Jimmy RuffinTell Me What You Want
- 12.The MiraclesLove Machine
- 13.Bonnie PointerHeaven Must Have Sent You
- 14.The OriginalsDown To Love Town
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Gloria GaynorI Will Survive
- 2.Rose RoyceCar Wash
- 3.Village PeopleY.M.C.A.
- 4.Grace JonesI Need A Man
- 5.Donna SummerI Feel Love
- 6.Lipps Inc.Funkytown
- 7.The Brothers JohnsonStomp!
- 8.Alicia BridgesI Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- 9.Andrea True ConnectionMore, More, More
- 10.Kool & The GangLadies Night
- 11.Diana RossUpside Down
- 12.StargardTheme From Which Way Is Up
- 13.Marvin GayeGot To Give It Up
- 14.Peaches & HerbShake Your Groove Thing
- 15.Edwin StarrH.A.P.P.Y. Radio
- 16.Donna SummerLast Dance
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Audio Mixers: Tom Moulton; J쳌rgen Koppers.
Liner Note Author: Brian Chin .
Photographers: Jim McCrary; Douglas Kirkland; Michael Putland; Harry Langdon; Glenn A. Baker; Jill Furmanovsky.
Arrangers: Freddie Perren; Bernard Edwards; Nile Rodgers ; Bobby Martin ; Art Wright; Thor Baldursson.
The Hip-O label released The Disco Box back in 1999, a four-disc set that threw in a few too many minor surprises to be considered a definitive summary of disco. Six years later, the same label released Disco Gold -- a two-disc set that would sufficiently complement The Disco Box if it didn't contain so many of the same selections. (Hip-O pulled the same exact stunt with 1999's The Funk Box and 2005's Funk Gold.) Regardless, Disco Gold is packaged thoughtfully, unlike so many other cut-rate disco compilations that have flooded the market over the years. It's a little annoying that several inclusions -- "I Will Survive," "Y.M.C.A." "Disco Inferno," "Turn the Beat Around," "Don't Leave Me This Way" -- have already appeared on dozens upon dozens of compilations (and sometimes near a hundred), but Stargard's "Theme from Which Way Is Up," Edwin Starr's "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio," and Jimmy Ruffin's "Tell Me What You Want" (present in a previously unreleased mix from disco pioneer Tom Moulton) help make the compilation somewhat unique. Disco Gold might not be as exhaustive or as full of surprises as you might hope, but it should either plug some gaps (if you're a collector) or make you a convert (if you're just getting into this stuff). ~ Andy Kellman
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE