Bill Monroe The Definitive Collection
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$9.45 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.53 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Ricky Skaggs Favorite Country Songs (CD) ~ $0.99
- Ricky Skaggs Live At The Charleston Music Hall (with Kentucky Thunder) (CD) ~ $11.02
- Ricky Skaggs Solid Ground / Life Is A Journey (CD) ~ $7.78
- Released: April 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Nashville
- 1.Blue Moon Of Kentucky
- 2.Jimmy Brown the Newsboy
- 3.I Saw The Light
- 4.Goodbye Old Pal
- 5.Footprints In The Snow
- 6.Roll On Buddy Roll On
- 7.I'm Going Back to Old Kentucky
- 8.Molly & Tenbrooks
- 9.When The Cactus Is Is Bloom
- 10.Walls Of Time
- 11.I'm Working On A Building
- 13.Walk Softly On My Heart
- 14.Kentucky Waltz
- 15.In The Pines
- 16.Toy Heart
- 17.New Mule Skinner Blues
- 19.Midnight On The Stormy Deep
- 20.Uncle Pen
- 21.Gotta Travel On
- 22.My Last Days On Earth
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers include: Harold Bradley, Owen Bradley, Walter Haynes, Harry Silverstein.
Compilation producer: Mary Katherine Aldin.
Recorded between 1954 & 1981. Includes liner notes by Mary Katherine Aldin.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Bill Monroe: Bill Monroe (vocals, mandolin); Jimmy Martin (vocals, guitar); Roland White (vocals); Grady Martin, Lester Flatt (guitar); Don Stover, Earl Scruggs, Sonny Osborne (banjo); Dale Potter, Joe Stuart, Kenny Baker , Vassar Clements, Charlie Cline (fiddle).
Liner Note Author: Mary Katherine Aldin.
Recording information: 02/03/1950-04/17/1981.
Although it's not a complete introduction to Bill Monroe's extensive career, THE VERY BEST OF BILL MONROE & HIS BLUEGRASS BOYS is an admirably thorough 22-track sampling of Monroe's finest recordings for Decca and MCA. Spanning more than 30 years, this collection covers the period from Monroe's signing with Decca in late 1949 to 1981's haunted "My Last Days on Earth" (a ballad that highlights bluegrass's connection to traditional English folk music). THE VERY BEST hits all of the high points from Monroe's less-frenetic later period, leaving out nothing that's essential and including absolutely no filler. There are more comprehensive Bill Monroe anthologies covering the Decca/MCA years, but this single-disc compilation takes the prize for concision.
Flatt & ScruggsThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$3.99 CYBER WEEK
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
25 All-Time Greatest Recordings: The 4-Star Sessions... (CD)
$16.18 CYBER WEEK
Keep on Going: The Rebel & Melodeon Recordings (CD)
$15.08 CYBER WEEK
Lonesome and Blue: The Complete County Recordings (CD)
$15.08 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK