- Released: April 19, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Nashville
- 1.After The Fire Is Gone
- 2.Don't Tell Me You're Sorry
- 3.Lead Me On
- 4.You're The Reason (I Don't Sleep At Night)
- 5.Easy Loving
- 6.Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
- 7.You Lay So Easy On My Mind
- 8.As Soon As I Hang Up The Phone
- 9.Spiders And Snakes
- 11.Back Home Again
- 12.The Letter
- 13.I Can't Love You Enough
- 14.Hey, Good Lookin'
- 15.From Seven Till Ten
- 16.You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly
- 17.How High Can You Build A Fire
- 18.You Know Just What I'd Do
- 19.The Sadness Of It All
- 20.It's True Love
- 21.Lovin' What Your Lovin' Does To Me
- 22.I Still Believe In Waltzes
- 23.Oh Honey- Oh Babe
- 24.Making Believe
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Conway Twitty (vocals); Loretta Lynn (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Photographers: Bud Gray; Larry Barber.
Containing a generous 24 tracks and spanning 17 years, from their first duet in 1971 to their final one in 1988, Mercury Nashville's 2005 compilation The Definitive Collection does indeed come close to being the final word on Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn's classic duets. Not only does this contain all of their big hits -- "After the Fire Is Gone," "Lead Me On," "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man," "As Soon as I Hang Up the Phone," "The Letter," "I Can't Love You Enough," "You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly" among them -- it also contains album tracks from Conway and Loretta albums, making this an excellent overview of one of the best, most iconic duets in country music history. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine