Thin Lizzy Dedication - The Very Best of Thin Lizzy
|You Save:||$0.42 (3% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: April 9, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Island / Mercury
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Whiskey In The Jar
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Rocker
- $0.99 on iTunes3.She Knows
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Still In Love With You
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Showdown
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Rosalie
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Wild One
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Fighting My Way Back
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Jailbreak
- $0.69 on iTunes10.The Boys Are Back In Town
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Cowboy Song
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Don't Believe A Word
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Bad Reputation
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Dancin' In The Moonlight (It's Caught Me In It's Spotlight)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Do Anything You Want To
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Waiting For An Alibi
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Chinatown
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Dedication
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
DEDICATION spans Thin Lizzy's career from 1973 to 1980 with one previously unreleased track, "Dedication".
Thin Lizzy: Phil Lynott (vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass); Eric Bell, Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson, Gary Moore, Snowy White (guitar); Brian Downey (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Midge Ure, Frankie Miller (vocals).
Producers include: Phil Lynott, Nick Tauber, Ron Nevison, John Alock, Tony Visconti.
Personnel: Phil Lynott (vocals, acoustic guitar, harp, keyboards); Frankie Miller (vocals); Scott Gorham (guitar, background vocals); Eric Bell, Snowy White, Gary Moore, Brian Robertson (guitar); Brian Downey (drums, percussion); Midge Ure (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Simon Vinestock.
Neatly encapsulating the cream of Thin Lizzy's considerable output, DEDICATION is an excellent primer for one of the most underrated hard rock outfits to emerge from the British Isles. Led by Phil Lynott, Thin Lizzy gained a reputation as a way station for high-flying guitarists (Gary Moore, John Sykes, Snowy White), thanks to a sound that relies heavily on a twin-guitar attack. Lynott sings with a soulful rasp in lyrics that often romanticize an outlaw's way of life.
Starting with the band's guitar-driven rock reworking of the folk song "Whiskey in the Jar" (later remade by Metallica), Thin Lizzy went on to record such hard-hitting numbers as "Cowboy Song" and "The Rocker." The group's songs usually have some kind of built-in swagger, whether it is the sizzling escapism of "Jailbreak" or the bar room camaraderie that runs through "The Boys Are Back in Town." Throughout all this bravado and bluster, Thin Lizzy always plays with an innate melodicism--be it during the yearning "She Knows" or the defiant "Fighting My Way Back." DEDICATION is a monument to a sadly overlooked juggernaut.
Rockthology - Hard 'n' Heavy, Volumes 5 & 6 (2-DVD)(3)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 61 ratings.
Based on 61 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE