Classic Country Gold (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.88 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hank WilliamsHey, Good Lookin'
- 2.Kitty WellsIt Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
- 3.Tennessee Ernie FordSixteen Tons
- 4.Why Baby Why
- 5.Johnny CashI Walk The Line
- 6.The Everly BrothersAll I Have To Do Is Dream
- 7.Faron YoungHello Walls
- 8.Leroy Van DykeWalk On By
- 9.Patsy ClineI Fall To Pieces
- 10.George JonesTender Years
- 11.Roger MillerKing Of The Road
- 12.Eddy ArnoldMake The World Go Away
- 13.Merle HaggardMama Tried
- 14.Conway TwittyHello Darlin'
- 15.Loretta LynnCoal Miner's Daughter
- 16.Sammi SmithHelp Me Make It Through The Night
- 17.Charley PrideKiss An Angel Good Mornin'
- 18.Jerry Lee LewisChantilly Lace
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Donna FargoThe Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A.
- 2.Hank Williams Jr.Eleven Roses
- 3.Tom T. HallI Love
- 4.Dolly PartonJolene
- 5.Freddy FenderBefore The Next Teardrop Falls
- 6.Glen CampbellRhinestone Cowboy
- 7.Tanya TuckerSan Antonio Stroll
- 8.Waylon JenningsLuckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics Of Love)
- 9.Crystal GayleDon't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- 10.Kenny RogersThe Gambler
- 11.The Statler BrothersDo You Know You Are My Sunshine
- 12.Don WilliamsI Believe In You
- 13.Oak Ridge BoysElvira
- 14.Barbara MandrellI Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool
- 15.Gene WatsonFourteen Carat Mind
- 16.Lee GreenwoodGod Bless The U.S.A.
- 17.Kathy MatteaEighteen Wheels And A Dozen Roses
- 18.Patty LovelessTimber I'm Falling In Love
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Photographers: Michael Putland; Les Leverett; Andrew Putler; David Redfern; Se¤or McGuire; Simon Fowler ; Rick Richards.
Hip-O's 2005 double-disc set Classic Country Gold casts a wide net. It begins with Hank Williams' 1951 hit "Hey, Good Lookin'" and ends with Patty Loveless' 1989 hit "Timber, I'm Falling in Love." In between those two tracks are 34 songs, most of them indeed living up to "classic" status. While this doesn't necessarily make for the most consistent listening -- it jumps through too many eras and styles to truly be cohesive -- it nevertheless provides a good, affordable way to acquire such great singles as "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels," "I Walk the Line," "Hello Walls," "Walk on By," "I Fall to Pieces," "King of the Road," "Mama Tried," "Hello Darlin'," "Jolene," "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," and "The Gambler." In other words, it's a good first step in exploring classic country. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE