- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 1926
- Label: Delta
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A swashbuckling sensation, The Beloved Rogue has thrilled audiences for years due in large part to the incomparable John Barrymore who turns out a great performance as the legendary poet-patriot, Francois Villon. Set amongst wonderfully fantastic winter sets, The Beloved Rogue promises high-flying stunts, wild snowstorms, passionate romance, and good-hearted humor.
Two great silent stars, the noble John Barrymore and the great German actor Conrad Veidt, collide as a swashbuckler and Louis XI cross swords. In THE BELOVED ROGUE, ornate sets and costumes add to the majestic story of the French poet Francois Villon, who goes head to head with King Louis XI in a battle of wits and swords. Veidt makes his American debut.
- A silent film.
- Additional cast: Lawson Butt (Duke of Burgandy), Angelo Rossitto (Beppo) and Jane Winton (The Abbess).