The Isley Brothers Body Kiss (Feat. Ronald Isley AKA Mr. Biggs)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$4.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.50 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Isley Brothers ~ Baby Makin' Music ~ $8.34
- by Various Artists ~ Bad Boys II [Clean] ~ $7.18
- by The Isley Brothers ~ Love Songs ~ $7.18
- by The Isley Brothers ~ Mission to Please ~ $8.84
Products with a similar style:
- Marvin Gaye 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $8.34
- Marvin Gaye Every Great Motown Hit (Remastered) (CD) ~ $9.72
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Dreamworks
Entertainment Weekly - 5/9/03, p.76"...Ron [Isley] pours out tender bedroom ballads and morning-after recriminations like Courvoisier: astringent and smooth..." - Rating - B+
Vibe - 6/03, p.1553.5 out of 5 - "...No one knows how to turn a saga into a song like Mr. Biggs....The midtempo standout 'Prize Possession' and the slow-winding ballad 'Take a Ride' capture the vintage Isley glow..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Isley Brothers: Ron Isley (vocals); Ernie Isley (guitar).
Additional personnel: R. Kelly (vocals, arranger); Lil' Kim, Snoop Dogg (rap vocals); Donnie Lyle (guitar, bass); Tim Kelley (Fender Rhodes piano, bass); Rodney East (keyboards); Ian Mereness (programming); Kandy Johnson, Kim Johnson (background vocals).
Producers: R. Kelly, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson.
Recorded at Rock Land, Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, Illinois and The Record Plant, Los Angeles, California.
BODY KISS was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best R&B Album. "Busted" was nominated for Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals.
Personnel: Donnie Lyle, Ernie Isley, Bob Robinson , Gregg Landfair (guitar); Rodney East, Kendall D. Nesbitt (keyboards); Abel Garibaldi, Ian Mereness (programming); Kandy Johnson, Kim Johnson, R. Kelly (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Abel Garibaldi; R. Kelly; Serban Ghenea; Ian Mereness; Bob Robinson .
Recording information: Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, IL; Record Plant, Hollywood, CA; Rock Land Studios.
Introduction by: R. Kelly.
Arranger: R. Kelly.
Looking to recapture the same success generated by the 2001 album ETERNAL, The Isley Brothers re-team with and hand off the majority of production duties to R. Kelly for 2003's BODY KISS. Although the group's name indicates a sibling venture with Ronald and Ernie Isley, guitarist Ernie's involvement is minimal. His only appearance is a signature guitar solo on the simmering slow jam "Take a Ride." Otherwise, Ronald, (who resurrects his fictional, video-spawned alter ego Mr. Biggs), ends up being the sole full-time face of the group. Kelly also adopts the "Pied Piper" alter ego, and ends up alongside Snoop Dogg in the mack daddy anthem "I Like," as well as resurrecting an Isleys trademark--the two-part song. This time out it's "What Would You Do?, Parts 1 & 2," the first part a pleading offer for romance, and the second a more rap-flavored remix. Along with Lil' Kim's cameo on the sensual title cut, recent fans who've been following the Isleys/Kelly thread will get the biggest kick out of "Showdown Vol.1," a sequel to "Showdown," originally featured on Kelly's CHOCOLATE FACTORY.
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 (6-CD Box Set)
$12.73 LABOR DAY
Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 (Audio Cassette)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 63 ratings.
Based on 63 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE