Eric Clapton Backless (Remastered)
20 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.20 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 10, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
CMJ - 1/5/04, p.6Ranked #1 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1979".
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Walk Out In The Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Watch Out For Lucy
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I'll Make Love To You Anytime
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Roll It
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Tell Me That You Love Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.If I Don't Be There By Morning
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Early In The Morning
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Promises
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Golden Ring
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Tulsa Time
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Carl Radle (vocals, bass); Jamie Oldaker (vocals, drums, percussion); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards); Benny Gallagher, Graham Lyle (background vocals).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (guitar, vocals); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards); Carl Radle (bass, vocals); Jamie Oldaker (drums, percussion, vocals); Benny Gallagher, Graham Lyle (background vocals).
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Carl Radle (vocals, bass guitar); Jamie Oldaker (vocals, drums, percussion); Graham Lyle, Benny Gallagher (vocals, background vocals); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards).
Photographers: Andy Seymour; Rob Fraboni.
Unknown Contributor Role: Roger Forrester.
Arranger: Eric Clapton.
Following the platinum success of SLOWHAND, BACKLESS continued Eric Clapton's transformation into a singer/songwriter with better-than-average chops after a lifetime of guitar godhood. Eschewing the star-studded cameos of NO REASON TO CRY, Clapton instead relied on his core group of the '70s: George Terry, Carl Radle, Jamie Oldaker, Dick Simms and Marcy Levy. Levy in particular, proved her worth by co-writing the slide-drenched "Roll It" with Slowhand. Her passionate testifying on this as well as her sparkling harmonies on the Don Williams-influenced "Promises" made up for fellow back-up singer Yvonne Elliman's departure following SLOWHAND's release.
Clapton's choice of composers to cover included Dylan ("Walk Out In The Rain," "If I Don't Be There By Morning"), J.J. Cale ("I'll Make Love To You Anytime") and Okie Danny Flowers ("Tulsa Time"). In addition, Slowhand added a nearly eight-minute interpretation of the blues standard "Early In The Morning" that finds him milking his mojo for all its worth. But it's E.C.'s original compositions that particularly stand out, such as the funky shuffle that is "Watch Out For Lucy" and the Band-flavored "Golden Ring."
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(20)
$3.85 Super Savings
The Ultimate Hits: The Master Plays the Blues (CD)
$12.49 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Charlie Byrd Travelin' Man / The Touch of Gold (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie First Time! The Count Meets The Duke / Count Basie Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE