Tom Petty Anthology - Through The Years (2-CD)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$16.04 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.94 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 31, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: MCA
Entertainment Weekly - 12/1/00, p.102"...It's hard to imagine a better summary of the Heartbreakers' 25-year career." - Rating: A
Q - 8/01, p.1544 stars out of 5 - "...Conatins most [of his essential tracks], and more, including '81s Stevie Nicks duet..."
Uncut - 2/01, p.804 stars out of 5 - "...A century of great American music from a great American institution..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.American Girl
- 3.Hometown Blues
- 4.The Wild One Forever
- 5.I Need To Know
- 6.Listen To Her Heart
- 7.Too Much Ain't Enough
- 9.Here Comes My Girl
- 10.Don't Do Me Like That
- 11.Even The Losers
- 12.The Waiting
- 13.Woman In Love, A (It's Not Me)
- 14.Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- 15.You Got Lucky
- 16.Straight Into Darkness
- 17.Change Of Heart
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Don't Come Around Here No More
- 3.The Best Of Everything
- 4.So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star
- 5.Jammin' Me
- 6.It'll All Work Out
- 7.Love Is A Long Road
- 8.Free Fallin'
- 9.Yer So Bad
- 10.I Won't Back Down
- 11.Runnin' Down A Dream
- 12.Learning To Fly
- 13.Into The Great Wide Open
- 14.Two Gunslingers
- 15.Mary Jane's Last Dance
- 16.Waiting For Tonight
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
ANTHOLOGY: THROUGH THE YEARS includes the previously unreleased "Surrender" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (with Stevie Nicks).
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Tom Petty (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Mike Campbell (guitar, bass); Benmont Tench (keyboards, background vocals); Howie Epstein (bass, background vocals); Ron Blair (bass); Stan Lynch (drums, background vocals).
Additional personnel: Stevie Nicks (vocals); Scott Thurston (guitar); David A. Stewart (Coral sitar); Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass); Steve Ferrone, Jim Keltner (drums); Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, The Bangles (background vocals).
Producers include: Denny Cordell, Rick Rubin, Jeff Lynne, Jimmy Iovine, Noah Shark.
Recorded between 1976 and August 2000. Includes liner notes by Cameron Crowe.
Digitally remastered by Joe Gaswirt (OceanView Mastering, Los Angeles, California).
Personnel: Tom Petty (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Benmont Tench (vocals, keyboards); Stan Lynch (vocals, drums); Howie Epstein, George Harrison (vocals); Mike Campbell , Scott Thurston (guitar); Dave Stewart (coral sitar); Jim Keltner, Steve Ferrone (drums); Phil Seymour (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: George Drakoulias; Jim Scott .
Neatly fitting in between 1993's GREATEST HITS and the 5-CD PLAYBACK box set that came out two years later, this 34-track collection is a chronological tour of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' MCA Records material. The consistent quality found throughout this two-CD set that's bookended by the sinister-sounding "Breakdown" and chiming "Surrender"(a song Petty wrote in the '70s but didn't get around to recording until August 2000) boggles the mind.
Tight playing and a palpable sense of passion from the four-piece Heartbreakers transform songs like "Even the Losers", "Rebels" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance" into rock & roll manna. Elsewhere, this Floridian singer-songwriter's sharp eye for pop culture ("Jammin' Me") and storytelling mastery ("Into the Great Wide Open," "Two Gunslingers") become pleasantly recurring characteristics. The inclusion of a scorching live version of the Byrds' "So You Wanna Be a Rock 'N' Roll Star" show Petty and company to be as potent on stage as in the studio. By the end of this musical tour it's hard to argue with the lofty statement Cameron Crowe makes in his liner notes calling Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "...the greatest and most consistent American band of the last twenty-five years..."
Saturday Night Live - Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s (DVD)
$3.49 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 75 ratings.
Based on 75 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
- 12 Stones Anthem for the Underdog (CD) ~ $8.73 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Nothing's Real (CD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56 CYBER WEEK
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams [Clean] (CD) ~ $12.56 CYBER WEEK
- 38 Special 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of .38 Special (CD) ~ $3.99 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK