Lynyrd Skynyrd All Time Greatest Hits
Only 9 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: MCA
- 1.Sweet Home Alabama
- 2.Gimme Three Steps
- 3.Simple Man
- 4.Saturday Night Special
- 5.Swamp Music
- 6.The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe
- 7.Call Me The Breeze
- 8.Comin' Home
- 9.Gimme Back My Bullets
- 10.What's Your Name
- 11.You Got That Right
- 12.All I Could Do Is Write About It
- 13.That Smell
- 14.Free Bird
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Steve Gaines (vocals, guitar); Ronnie Van Zant (vocals); Ed King (electric & slide guitars, bass); Gary Rossington (electric & slide guitars); Allen Collins (electric guitar); Billy Powell (piano, keyboards); Leon Wilkeson (bass, background vocals); Greg Walker (bass); Ricky Medlocke (drums, background vocals); Artimus Pyle, Bob Burns (drums).
Additional personnel: Bobby Keyes, Trevor Lawrence, Steve Madiao (horns); Al Kooper (piano, organ, Moog synthesizer, background vocals); Tim Smith, Clydie King, Merry Clayton, Cassie Gaines, Jo Billingsley, Leslie Hawkins (background vocals).
Producers: Al Kooper, Tom Dowd, Lynryd Skynyrd, Tim Smith, Jimmy R. Johnson.
Compilation producer: Ron O'Brien.
Recorded between 1973 & 1978. Includes liner notes by Ron O'Brien.
Digitally remastered by Doug Schwartz.
Audio Remasterer: Doug Schwartz.
Liner Note Author: Ron O'Brien.
Photographer: Ron O'Brien.
Whether you take the title ALL TIME GREATEST HITS literally or not, it's hard to dispute that, give or take a couple of Allman Brothers albums, this is pretty much the high-water mark for '70s Southern rock. All the group's crowd pleasers are included, and, as always, it's hard not to be impressed both by their three-guitar-army attack and by the range of the late Ronnie Van Zant's songwriting.
Along with de rigeur cautionary anti-drug songs and tales of groupie encounters such as "That Smell" and "What's Your Name" respectively, Van Zant also deals with regional pride and arrogant pop stars in "Sweet Home Alabama," and gun control in the extremely-gutsy-for-the-time "Saturday Night Special." Motherhood is also embraced, in the even gutsier "Simple Man." The album includes Skynyrd's joyous cover of J. J. Cale's "Call Me the Breeze," plus of course the Southern rock anthem "Free Bird." All in all there's not a dud in the bunch.
The Allman Brothers BandThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Sounds of The 70s (Limited Distribution) (2-CD Box Set)
$10.62 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 85 ratings.
Based on 85 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE